Ginger Snap Crafts: {light bulb} snowman ornament {tutorial} & handmade Christmas ornament link up

{light bulb} snowman ornament {tutorial} & handmade Christmas ornament link up

{light bulb} snowman ornament from GingerSnapCrafts.com

Today I am excited to be kicking off a brand new series all about handmade Christmas ornaments!  In a few weeks I’ll be headed home for Christmas, & I love seeing my parent’s Christmas tree.  It is filled with tons of handmade ornaments made by their children & grandchildren over the years.  I love all the memories & stories that go along with each ornament. One day I want a tree just as full with all those special kind of ornaments. We are definitely working on it over here!  My kiddos have been busy ornament makers over the years!

Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing some easy handmade ornament ideas with you.  I also want you to share your handmade ornaments!  At the bottom of this post is a link up just for handmade ornaments.  Please link yours up, & I plan on doing several handmade ornament feature post throughout December featuring many of YOU!

This morning I’m sharing my first handmade ornament tutorial ~ a {light bulb} snowman ornament.  We made tons of these several years ago, & they were a hit!  You probably have everything you need to make these already, too. ;)

{light bulb} snowman ornament

For this project you’ll need:
light bulb, fabric strip, cotton ball, ribbon,
buttons, black paint marker, hot glue gun,
metal hook, orange cardstock, twine or thin ribbon

ornament tutorial

Here’s how you’ll assemble your snowman ornament:

one~ You’ll get your fabric strip (about 2 inch X 4inches long) & iron the edge up.
two~ You’ll hot glue the fabric {folded side down) around the silver part of your light bulb.
three~ Put a cotton ball inside your material.
four~ Tie the top of your “hat” with a piece of twine. Fray the edges with scissors.
five~ Tie a ribbon around the skinny part of the light bulb to make a scarf. Glue in place with just a dot of the hot glue.
six~ Draw on eyes & a mouth with the black paint marker & then glue on a orange cardstock nose.

light bulb snowman ornament

Isn’t he cute? Add a hook to the top & he’s ready to hang on the tree!

OK…now I want to see your handmade ornaments!
Grab a button, link up, visit others & most of all have fun!
Can’t wait to see your handmade Christmas ornaments!

Ginger Snaps

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email