Ginger Snap Crafts: easy {knock-off} Christmas Art {tutorial}

easy {knock-off} Christmas Art {tutorial}

Merry Christmas Eve!! Tomorrow is the big day!!

Today I'd love to share one more easy Christmas project.
{I originally shared this last week over on Lil’ Luna.} 
I was doing some Christmas shopping at Kirkland's a few weeks ago,
& I spotted a sign similar to this one!  I knew it would be super easy to make.
So I quickly wrote down the words on a scrap piece of paper. ha!

 
To make this project you'll need:
  • 16 x 20 blank canvas
  • vinyl lettering
  • paint
  • foam paint brushes
  • mod podge
 
The first step was to stencil my canvas background.  I just used a chevron print from the Silhouette online store as my stencil.  I applied the vinyl to my canvas & then I used a coat of mod podge to prevent any seepage.  After the mod podge dried I painted the entire canvas with gray paint. I let it dry just a bit, & then I removed the vinyl.  It was a super easy way to get this fun Chevron print. Then I applied my vinyl lettering over the top. That's it!
 
 
 
In case you were wondering the little glass Christmas jar next to my sign is our advent jar.  On each slip a paper it had something fun for us to do leading up to Christmas. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to stay in touch.