Ginger Snap Crafts: Brittney @ Smart Girl Style {Christmas Break Guest}

Brittney @ Smart Girl Style {Christmas Break Guest}

I’m so excited to be kicking off Christmas Break here at Ginger Snap Crafts. Yay!
I’ve got a fabulous line up of wonderful bloggers that I’m excited for you to meet!

So here is our first one ~ Brittney from Smart Girl Style
….

Hey everyone! I'm so happy to be here at Ginger's. I'm Brittney, and I blog over at smartgirlstyle. It's a pretty relaxed place, where I share with you my DIY journey, which is fueled by handfuls of cookies and spray paint. Not necessarily used together, but I'm not above such things, either. 

I just started blogging a few months ago, so you'll have to forgive my rookie-ness. Even so, I've got some favorite posts over there. (On an unrelated note, sometimes I have favorite children, too...but that's just between me and the thousands of you. My four kids will never know, right guys?...guys?...)

Here they are, in no particular order. Feel free to link over to my blog for full discussion & details, which will likely be chock-full of intelligent wit and charm.*

(*An absolutely true statement, if you replace the words "intelligent" with "semi-coherent," and "wit and charm" with "babblings.")

1. Ombre Painted Dresser. I did this one on a whim, one day picking out some paint I liked and having a go on an old, beat up dresser. Love how it turned out kind of beachy and sunset-y and super-cashe. (Short for "casual," for those of you who aren't fluent in abbrev.)

ombre_redo8

2. Faux Capiz Shell Chandelier. Although this project started out a little rough (because those are the words you'd use when you nearly burn your house down in the name of craftiness), it's quickly become one of my favorites. Such a pretty bang-for-your-buck, and I get to stare at it every morning when I wake up. Lucky.

capiz_shell_diy00

3. Kids' Art Wall. It's not something that's, like, super soft-and-fuzzy-around-the-edges-and-makes-you-want-to-curl-up-and-gaze-at-it-for-hours-lovely (anyone follow that? no? gold star for you for your honesty.), but it has been the best addition to our house in, like, forever. We all love this thing, especially my kids. They're so proud!

kids_art_wall1

4. Folding Chair Makeover. I'm kinda like, if I have to explain why I love this project so much, you obviously need more gross old folding chairs in your life. Then, and only then, would you appreciate this bad boy.

folding_chair_redo0

5. How to Paint a Harlequin Diamond. Quite possibly the worst-explained process you'll ever read (or, more likely, won't read), this ended up being one of my fave furniture transformations of the year. So. What is lacking in the actual tutorial is made up for by the fact that the end result is awesomeness.

harlequin_table0

There you have it, friends. Or strangers. Or friendly strangers. Or (you see it coming, don't you) strange friends. My top five of 2012. You're welcome anytime over at smartgirlstyle, too. There's usually cookies, too, which is awesome. (Except I'm usually eating them in front of you, which is only awesome for me. My apologies.)

Merry holidays, one and all.

Thank you so much, Brittney!
I hope you’ll head over to
Smart Girl Style & say hi!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email