Ginger Snap Crafts: Christmas List Dry Erase Board {tutorial} with My Vinyl Direct

Christmas List Dry Erase Board {tutorial} with My Vinyl Direct

dry erase Christmas list board from GingerSnapCrafts.com

I was contacted a few weeks ago about doing a review for My Vinyl Direct.

my vinyl direct

Ummm…did you say vinyl?  Of course, I couldn’t pass up that chance! ha! {FYI: My Vinyl Direct sales both vinyl and vinyl supplies.}

I was able to try out some dry erase vinyl and some red, green & black vinyl. I’ve always wanted to try out dry erase vinyl.  I think it’s the only type of vinyl I haven’t tried out yet! ha!  So I was excited to give it a whirl.  I decided to make these super easy dry erase Christmas list.  I thought dry erase would be perfect since my kiddos are always changing their Christmas list up until the last minute!

diy dry erase boards

For this project you’ll need:
scrapbook paper
dry erase vinyl
red & green vinyl
spray adhesive
ribbon
8x10 board
vinyl cutter

supplies for dry erase board

Here is how I made these dry erase boards:

dry erase board tutorial

one~ Sand & paint your board.  Cut a piece of scrapbook paper just smaller than your board.
two ~ Lay your board on top of your scrapbook paper.  Mark your holes & punch them out with a hole puncher.
three ~ Use spray adhesive to attach your scrapbook paper to your board.
four ~ Apply your dry erase vinyl.
five ~ Apply your vinyl lettering overlay.

dry erase board for Christmas

six ~ Add a ribbon.

dear santa list
Then let your kiddos have fun writing their list! Annnd hopefully they’ll decide what they want for sure by Christmas Day! ha!

diy dry erase boards

I had a few extra supplies left over after I made these. So I decided to make a cute dry erase to do list for one of my kiddo’s teacher gifts!  Isn’t it cute??

teacher gift

Overall I really like the vinyl from My Vinyl Direct. I was the same Oracal vinyl that I usually buy in huge rolls, so it was nice & convenient that it comes already cut into sheets. They also have different sizes to fit just about any hobby vinyl cutter. I really loved the dry erase vinyl, and I can’t wait to try out some more fun projects with it.

By the way you can enter to win a Silhouette Portrait from My Vinyl Direct right now. Yay! Just click the picture below, & you can find out all the fun details!

Flash Builder

You can connect with My Vinyl Direct on
facebook ~ blog ~ pinterest

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

Disclosure: I was given product to complete this post & project.  All opinions are my own.