Ginger Snap Crafts: Santa Banner & Reindeer T-shirts {kid craft tutorials} #BloggersforSandyHook

Santa Banner & Reindeer T-shirts {kid craft tutorials} #BloggersforSandyHook

I haven’t been able to watch the news this past week without crying.  The stories of those that were taken way too soon just hits too close to home.  So heartbreaking. I have a 6 year old daughter, & I can’t imagine the pain & grief these families are going through.  My thoughts & prayers go out to all of those that were affected by this horrible tragedy.

If any good can come out this tragedy is that I hope all of us take time to slow down, hug our children, spend time with them, listen to them & never take a second for granted.  There is nothing more important to me than my family & my children.  I am so grateful for each of them & the opportunity I have to be their mom.

On the very top our family blog I have a quote by author Anna Quindlen. She reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said: “The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).

I want to recommit myself to live in the moment, to enjoy my children now, & not be so busy with other things that aren’t important. Time is so precious, & it all goes by way to fast.

Today I am joining with many other craft, food & diy bloggers as we share a kid craft or a cookie recipe to show our support for the children & families of Newton, CT. #BloggersforSandyHook

I’m sharing two easy crafts to do with your children ~ an easy Santa banner & a Reindeer t-shirt. {They both involve painting their hands &/or feet…so your kids will love getting messy!} ;)

Santa Banner {kid craft}

For the Santa Banner you’ll need:

  • green cardstock
  • red cardstock
  • white cardstock
  • white craft paint
  • pink craft paint
  • foam brushes
  • googly eyes
  • ribbon

santa handprint craft for kids 

TIP: I used my Silhouette to cut out the Santa hat, but you could make you own as well. It doesn’t have to be perfect. You could also use a cotton ball for the tip of your hat if you wanted to.

santa hand tutorial

I painted my kids palms pink & their fingers white.  Then I pressed their hand down on a piece of green cardstock. Then we added the hat, eyes, mustache & red nose. We just used school glue to attach everything.

santa handprint banner

Then I punched two holes in the top & put them on a long piece of ribbon to make the banner. Cute & easy!

This next craft is a Reindeer t-shirt.  It’s pretty self explanatory!  You use your kiddo’s foot as the head & their hands as the antlers.  We added some big googly eyes & a red fuzzy pom pom for the nose.

My oldest daughter & I made one of these on the Fox 24 Morning Show last week when we were helping out with craft week.  So you can pop over here to see a video tutorial! ;)

reindeer t-shirt

Follow hashtag #BloggersforSandyHook to check out some more fun things to do with your kiddos. :)
cookies-and-crafts-for-sandy-hook

I am taking next week off to spend with my family!
I have a wonderful week full of awesome Christmas Break Guests.
I can’t wait for you to meet them all! They are awesome!
{wow me} wednesday will still go live Tues. at 7 pm (central)~
except it will be just a little bit different & there will be a GivEaWaY!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!


Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email