Ginger Snap Crafts: Doily Ornaments with PSA Essentials {tutorial}

Doily Ornaments with PSA Essentials {tutorial}

doily ornaments using PSA Essentials stamp

I’ve told you before how much I LOVE handmade ornaments!
Our tree is full of them, and we love adding more each year.

Today I’d love to show you one more quick, easy & cute ornament
using some more PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Christmas stamps. 
{You can check out my Snoopy ornaments HERE.}

To make these doily ornaments you’ll need the following:

psa supplies

  • PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamper Body
  • PSA Essentials black ink
  • PSA Essentials Peel & Stick stamp sets {Smirk * Merry Christmas & PSA * Whimsy Trees}
  • Christmas scrapbook paper
  • white card stock
  • scalloped circle punch
  • I inch circle punch
  • Prismacolors {or colored pencils}
  • Elmer’s X-TREME glue stick
  • hot glue gun
  • 1/8 inch hole punch
  • metal Christmas ornament hooks
  • die cut machine & doily die cut set(optional)

Here’s how I made them:

First I stamped the designs on white card stock.
Then I colored my stamps with my Prismacolors.

psa

Then I punched out my stamps with my scalloped paper punch.
At the same time I also punched out a few 1 inch circles, too.
You’ll see why I needed those in just a bit!

psa1

I used my die cut machine to cut out some doily dies.
*If you don’t have a die cut machine you can
just cut scrapbook paper into 1 inch by 7 inch strips
& then just fold it like a fan. Either way will work just fine.

psa3

Then I will use my glue stick to attach both ends of my paper strips together.
Then I had a circle that looked like this one below.

psa5

Using my fingers I brought my doily in until I had a tiny circle in the middle.
I put a dab of hot glue in the middle & then I quickly put one of my circles on top.
Carefully hold it for a just second.  If you try this watch out it’s hot! 
I did this on both sides of my doily just to make sure it would stay put.

psa6

Then I hot glued my scalloped circle on the front of my doily.

psa7

Then I used a small hole punch to punch a hole in the top.
I added a metal hook, and that is it!  All done.

psa8

These would also make super cute gift tags!
You could use ribbon instead of hooks!

psa essentials stamp ornaments

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

Disclosure: I am a member of the PSA Essentials Design Team. I received the stamp set & the stamping supplies I used for this project & post from PSA Essentials. For more great ideas on how to use these amazing stamps visit PSA Stamp Camp blog. I would also encourage you to become a facebook fan of PSA Essentials for great deals on PSA personalized and Peel & Stick stamps, plus they have frequent giveaways. Yay!