Ginger Snap Crafts: I’m dreaming of a mom cave with La-Z-Boy furniture! #MomCave #CBias

I’m dreaming of a mom cave with La-Z-Boy furniture! #MomCave #CBias

I know most of you are dreaming of a white Christmas right now, right?  Not me!  I’m actually hoping for a dry Christmas.  We are headed to our family’s the day after Christmas. So snow would not be good for traveling! We are crossing our fingers for good weather.

I have been dreaming of a mom cave though! You know a place just for me.  Maybe it could include a comfy chair or sofa from La-Z-Boy furniture. Do you have a spot like that in your home or are you still dreaming like me? ;) Well, let me tell you why I’ve had a mom cave on my mind lately. #MomCave

I'm Dreaming of #momcave with La-Z-Boy furniture

I know most of my readers are women {if not all!} & many of you are bloggers as well, so maybe you can relate to the blogging dilemma that I have! I do most of my blogging at night after the kiddos are in bed.

how I blog
So most evenings you can find me like this on our sofa typing away on my post for the next day.  Do you see anything wrong with this picture? (Hint: the feet!) My hubby loves to stay up with me!  Unfortunately, he is not a night owl like me, so often he will fall asleep & some how his feet will always end up in my lap!  It’s not that I don’t love his cute feet buuut seriously it’s so hard to blog like this!  I’m usually twisted to the side with my arms trying to work around his feet, & then I’m trying to balance my laptop on the arm of the sofa. It’s just not working out! Sorry, honey! I really, really need my own place to blog.

You don’t know how excited I was when La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries agreed to help me create my own mom cave!!!  I’m sure you have all heard of La-Z-Boy recliners, but La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries also has a huge selection of sofas, sectionals, loveseats and much, much more.  You are sure to find something that fits your style & needs. If you are not sure of what you need or want La-Z-Boy designers also offer free in home design services.

We live really close to a La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery. So the hubby & I spent part of our date night a few weeks ago checking out the store near us getting some inspiration for my mom cave.

la-z-boy furniture

What I love most about La-Z-Boy furniture is the huge selection of fabric choices. In their galleries and online you can use their design tools & software to see how the different fabrics will look on different chair & sofa frames. Before I visited the store I did some shopping online.  I love how it is super easy to switch the fabric back & forth on their website.  It made it very easy to imagine how your new furniture would look. In our store they had tons of fabric samples as well.  I really loved that you could see all the selections online & then come into the store & see & feel the fabric as well! {I pinned some of my favorite furniture selections & fabric choices on my La-Z-Boy Furniture Pinterest Board.}

la-z-boy selection

My husband and I had fun browsing all the La-Z-Boy furniture. It was fun seeing some of the different fabrics put together, how they had arranged their displays, and I got tons of ideas to use for my mom cave! I loved the fabric on this chair (below). Before we came into the La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery I had noticed the same fabric on la-z-boy.com. I loved this fabric online. So it was kind of neat that they had a chair in that same fabric in the store!

la-z-boy sofa

While in the store I loved checking out their double chair selection. I’ve had a thing for double chairs for the longest time! I just think they look so comfortable, and I love that they can sit two people at once. I knew I definitely wanted a double chair {just for me} in my mom cave.

la-z-boy

Once we got home I needed to decided on a place for my mom cave. Our house isn’t huge so I knew I’d be limited on my choices. I knew I wanted a place out of the main living area. So I decided to claim a spot for my mom cave in the corner of our master bedroom.  I could sit there & blog while my hubby laid in the bed & went to sleep!  We’d both be so much more comfortable. Yay!

Now our master bedroom is an area of our house that hasn’t been on the blog much.  It’s kind of the catch all room for the whole house.  It’s right off our main living area so when company is coming over we kind of throw everything in there & close the door! ha! We have lived in our house 5 years & haven’t even hung very many pictures on the wall yet! I know so sad! I’m so excited to spend a little time making it more beautiful & functional. OK, see that corner over there by the window….well….that is going to be the spot for my new mom cave! 

#momcave

Soon I’ll be sitting by the window in my new Daphne Chair & a Half.  Yes, I’m getting a La-Z-Boy chair {just for me}!!  Yay!!  My top three fabric choices are below. My first choice is a brown sugar fabric. I really loved this fabric because it looks so warm & comfy.  I’m just a huge fan of warm neutral colors.  Then with my other two fabric choices I got a little more daring with a floral print and then some stripes. {You’ll have to stay tuned to see which chair I end up with!}

la-z-boy chairlazboy chairla-z-boy striped chair

Come on in to our master bedroom!  I’ve got big plans! It’s going to be awesome!!! :)

#momcave before

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries gave me the opportunity to try out 2 new pieces of furniture & one needed to be a sofa. This works out perfectly since sometimes I’ll still want to be out in the living room to blog. So I really needed a sofa that would help us avoid this:

how I blog

As soon as I saw the Sinclair Sectional I knew it would be a perfect fit for us! :) You see the hubby can lay on the chaise ~ his feet far way from me! Yay!  Annnd I’ll have the other end all to myself.  Perfect! I am seriously in love with this sofa. {You can check out some more of my favorite sofa fabric choices as well as other pieces of furniture I considered on my La-Z-Boy Furniture Pinterest Board.}

sinclair sectional

I’ll be working on my mom cave transformations during the holidays, & I’ll share the after with YOU in January.  I will also let you know more details about a La-Z-Boy Pinterest Challenge! I can’t wait!

{For more amazing La-Z-Boy furniture please browse their Autumn/Winter Catalogue.}

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries.  #MomCave #CBias #SocialFabric