Ginger Snap Crafts: Katie @ Fun Home Things {Christmas Break Guest}

Katie @ Fun Home Things {Christmas Break Guest}


Hi! My name is Katie Drane and I'm the thrifty crafter, Southern cooking enthusiast, and human encyclopedia of random tips behind Fun Home Things. I am so happy to be here at Ginger Snap Crafts sharing my top 5 posts with you. Thanks Ginger!

This has been an amazing year for Fun Home Things. What started out as a creative outlet for me right before my daughter started preschool, has quickly grown into a full time gig and I am loving every minute of it. Choosing my top 5 favorite projects was tougher than I thought, but I finally narrowed it down and I'm excited to be sharing them with you today.

1. Lavender Mint Foot Scrub

I love the smell of lavender and this stuff is heaven on feet. It was the first scrub I created and I haven't changed a thing about it. It smells great, feels great, and very fun to give as a gift.


2. Canning Lid Pumpkin

Never in a million years would I have imagined that a Canning Lid Pumpkin would be so popular but wow, was it ever.  It's just a simple, cute, inexpensive project that anyone can do and I'm so glad that so many people were inspired to make one too!



3. How To Turn Dollar Store Toys into Holiday Decorations

It's amazing what a little spray paint and glitter can do! I took a few of my daughter's tiny Dollar Store toys and turned them into ornaments. I also added a few to my Christmas tablescape.



4. Strawberry Jam

This was my first year canning and my first batch ever and it turned out perfectly! I am officially addicted to canning now:) If you are interested in canning, give it a shot. A recipe like this is a great place to start.


5. Back To School Wreath

I wanted a fun, colorful back-to-school wreath to kick off my daughter's first year in school and this is what I came up with.  I'm looking forward to it hanging on our door for years to come!


To see the full posts of my top 5, and other great posts, stop by and visit me at Fun Home Things. And while you're at it, check out my Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages, there's always something fun going on there too.  I hope you have a great rest of your holiday season!

Thank you so much, Katie!
{Visit Fun Home Things 
to see more!}

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.


Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email