Ginger Snap Crafts: ticket chores {a fun way to get the chores done}

ticket chores {a fun way to get the chores done}

ticket chore jar

I showed you our chore sticks last year about this time.
The kiddos are getting pretty good at doing their personal chores~
making their bed, cleaning their rooms & picking up after themselves.
Buuut this summer with all the kiddos home I needed a little help getting the
big chores done each day…dishes, bathrooms, picking up the living room, etc.
So I came up with this fun idea….ticket chores!  Here’s how it works.
Smile

ticket punches die from Lifestyle Crafts

To make my tickets I used these ticket punches dies from Lifestyle Crafts.
I cut them out using my Epic Six.  You can find the tutorial {here}.
{You could also buy tickets at Walmart or Target or make your own.}

ticket jar  ticket jar 1

After I cut out all our tickets I put them in our big ticket jar.

ticket chore chart  ticket chores

Then I made a list of our {ticket chores}. 
Each chore is worth a certain number of tickets.
When they do a chore from the list they earn that many tickets.

ticket jar kid's jars

Each kiddo has their own smaller jar to keep their tickets in as they earn them.

tickets

Once a month we have a {ticket store}~
{which is basically a bunch a stuff from the $1 spot at Walmart & Target!}
Each item is priced with how many tickets it is worth. 
So each kid takes a turn “spending” their tickets.

ticket store

My kids LOVE this, & I love the extra help getting the chores done! Smile

ticket store 2

My friend, Crystal, from A Pumpkin & a Princess
is sharing her Ticket Chore Jar today over on her blog. 
So pop over {HERE} & check out her fun way to get the chores done.

Remember if you visit  Lifestyle Crafts you can use
the code GINGER for 20% off your purchase.

lifestyle-crafts_thumb3

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 

 

Disclosure:  I was given Lifestyle Craft product to try out.  As always all opinions are my own.