Ginger Snap Crafts: teacher magnetic board {tutorial}

teacher magnetic board {tutorial}

This {back to school} teacher gift was so easy!
I shared it over on Lil’ Luna a few weeks ago,
but if you missed it here it is again. Smile

To make this I ordered a kit
from Finger Snapper {a new daily deal craft site}
or you could easily make your own.
The wood block measures 8 x 1 x 3.5 inches
and the sheet metal measures 8 x 7 inches. 
A slit is cut into the wood block about a 1/2 inch deep.
You just slide your sheet metal into that groove,
& it makes a super cute magnet board.
 
 
To dress up my sheet metal a little I grabbed a piece of back to school scrapbook paper.
I traced my sheet metal on the back & then cut it out just smaller than my lines.
 
 
After I finished cutting the paper to the right size,
I used Elmer's spray adhesive to glue the paper to the sheet metal.
 
 
I painted my wood block a matching color & then waited for it to dry.
I added some vinyl lettering in the smiley monster font.
 
 
Then I just slid the sheet metal into the slot.
I put on a few magnets.  That's it.
I really think it turned out cute! 
 

I think her teacher will LOVE it! Smile

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.