Ginger Snap Crafts: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days {book & movie review}

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days {book & movie review}

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days #couchcritics

I love to include my kiddos in my blog.  They love helping me out, too! Especially when it involves something they LOVE.  My 9 year old has been a huge fan of the Diary of Wimpy Kid books for some time. So when I was asked to be a #CouchCritics & review the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days book & new movie…I couldn’t pass it up!

wimpy kid books at Walmart

First up I headed to our local Walmart to pick up The Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days book. Our Walmart has a nice big Diary of a Wimpy Kid display so it made it pretty easy to find the book. You can check out my entire shopping trip & see what else I bought.

The book was a quick read, & I really enjoyed it! 
Now I know why my kids love to read them. 

Yesterday the movie came out!  Yay!  The day before I bought our tickets online on Fandango.  Our theater is a good 20 minutes away, so I’d rather have our tickets already bought than risk the show being sold out. {That has happened to us before…no fun!}

image

When we bought our tickets online I just printed out our confirmation number from Fandango, and took it with us to the theater.  Then we picked up our tickets at the box office.
It made it soooo easy & quick!  Thanks, Fandango!

wimpy kid movie and fandango  wimpy kid movie tickets

Then we headed into the theater to watch the show. Smile

dog days

Some thoughts about the book & movie:  I don’t want to give too much away!  You’ll be able to see more of my review over on the #CouchCritics website.  So you’ll have to keep your eyes peeled for that.  Of course when they make a movie from a book there will be a few changes here & there.  Overall I think the movie stayed true to the book.  I really loved how the movie was made, & I really loved the story line.  I thought it brought out more details about the family relationships than the book does.  There were quite a few laugh out loud scenes, too. I’m still laughing every time I think about some of them! I liked the movie even better than the book, but on the other hand my kiddos thought the book was better.  I think we all agreed that the book AND movie are both great!  As a mom I really love that the books are encouraging kiddos to read!  That is amazing!

wimpy kid movie

 
Have your kids read any of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books?
Do you plan on seeing the movie?  I’d love to know your thoughts.

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 

 


This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own.