Ginger Snap Crafts: mason jar drink cups {tutorial}

mason jar drink cups {tutorial}

Today I’ll be over at Lil’ Luna sharing a fun back to school idea,
buuut I wouldn’t leave you guys without a cute & easy tutorial, too!
Here’s one that I shared over at Skip to My Lou a few weeks ago.

Remember when I  told you about our cousin camp we had last month.
Well, I saw this idea on Craft Interrupted, & I knew I had to try it out!
I knew with that many kiddos in the house we needed
a way to keep the cups organized, reduce spills & dirty dishes.
These mason jar drink cups did the job perfectly. 
They were a huge success {& soooo easy & CHEAP to make}!


You’ll need:
WIDE MOUTH mason jars, WIDE MOUTH plastic storage caps
I bought both of these at Walmart in the canning section.
chalkboard labels & paper straws
I found these cute paper straws on etsy.
I cut the chalkboard labels with my Silhouette.


To make these first I had the hubby drill a hole in the lid.
{Be careful…we did have one lid crack!  Oops!}
Then we used a box cutter to trim off any loose plastic. 
Then I applied the chalkboard labels.
Then I added the straws & wrote on the names. 
Soooo cute & easy!  Love how they turned out.


UPDATE:
 
After the first day we got tired of rewriting their names with chalk,
so I did end up just cutting everyone's name with vinyl.
I ran these through my dishwasher with no problems.
So for birthday parties I think chalk would be great
but long term use...vinyl is the way to go.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.