Ginger Snap Crafts: football ice cream sandwiches {recipe} #SnickersMinis

football ice cream sandwiches {recipe} #SnickersMinis

football ice cream sandwiches with snickers from ginger snap crafts

Are you ready for some football?  Oh yeah…we are, too!
High school football season starts tonight.  I can’t wait.
My oldest {who just started high school} is in the marching band.
Tonight will be his first time marching during halftime!  Can’t wait to see him.
To celebrate the start of football season I made this yummy dessert ~
football ice cream sandwiches made with SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis.

football recipe

Before I made these I headed to Walmart to pick up some ingredients.
Have you seen the NFL SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis? They are so cute!
Each one has a different NFL team logo on them.  Perfect for football season.
The SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis are exclusively sold only at Walmart!

IMG_20120829_194539  IMG_20120829_195552

To make these you’ll need:
chocolate cookie mix or brownie mix
vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis bagged candy
white icing
football cookie cutter
{I’ll tell you where I got my football cookie cutter in just a minute.}

recipe with Snickers

I baked my cookies in one big sheet not individual cookies. 
While the cookies were cooking I chopped up
some of the #SnickersMinis with my handy chopper.
After the cookies had cooled I cut them into football shapes. 
with my cookie cutter. Then I put one cookie face down,
& then I spread some vanilla frozen yogurt on top. 
Then I put another cookie on top of the vanilla yogurt. 
Then I rolled the sides in a plate of the SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis crumbs. 
Then I added some white icing on the top
cookie to make it look like a football.  That’s it!

how to make a football cookie cutter

You may be wondering how I found a football cookie cutter!
Well, I made it!  I bought some cheap metal round cookies cutters
at Hobby Lobby.  The set I bought had 4 in the box for $3.99.
I just carefully bent one of the circle cutters to make a football shape.
It worked perfectly!  Yay!

football snacks

The football ice cream sandwiches were a big hit with our family.
Annnd everyone got a kick out of the SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis!

mini snickers

Will YOU be going to a football game tonight?

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 

 

 

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and SNICKERS® Brand #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.