Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY {cute & easy} blocks {tutorial}

DIY {cute & easy} blocks {tutorial}

I love making handmade gift for my kiddos!  Today I’d love to show you how I made these DIY {cute & easy} blocks.  These were so simple & CHEAP to make, and best of all my kiddos loved them! Yay! :)
To make these blocks you will need left over 2x4 scraps.
We had a bunch laying around the garage.
So this project didn’t cost much at all…it was practically FREE! Yay!
To make the blocks I just got my hubby to cut
them up into squares, triangles & rectangles.
I also bought a couple of long 7/8 inch dowels at Walmart.
My hubby cut them into smaller pieces for me. Isn't he awesome?
Before I forget I did find some cute wooden cars at Walmart for $1.00.
I couldn't pass that up! They went perfectly with our blocks, too.
{They were in the craft section with all the unfinished wood.}


After my hubby cut the wood I sanded all the blocks really well. 
Then I cut some super cute vinyl in bright fun colors with my Silhouette
(All these images can be found in the Silhouette online store.) 
Then I applied the vinyl.  That's it!

 
I really think they turned out cute...love the little dog.
 

My kiddos have been playing with these a TON.
Check out what they made!  Pretty cool! Smile

 
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.