Ginger Snap Crafts: Sew Rugged @ Bear Rabbit Bear {no sew knitted ornament}

Sew Rugged @ Bear Rabbit Bear {no sew knitted ornament}

 
Hi! Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season. I'm Melanie, and I blog over at Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear. In the past few weeks, I've been re-focusing my blog, so I'd like to invite you by and let me know what you think of the changes! I write about a variety of crafts, sewing, and DIY topics, and I have a weekly link party on Thursday. A great big "Thanks!!" to Ginger for letting me guest post at her blog today.
Today, I'll be showing how to create a cute Knitted Christmas ball ornament- no knitting required! How great is that!! I got the inspiration for this ornament from Better Homes and Gardens Easy Christmas Tree Ornaments series. I used a tad different assembly, but you can check their instructions out, as well. They have several fun ideas for making your own ornaments. Here is the supply list for the Knitted Christmas Ornament:
  • An old knitted sweater that you don't mind cutting up
  • Hot glue gun and glue
  • 3-6" styrofoam ball- depends on how large you want your ornament to be
  • 1/2" to 1" ribbon (1 to 2 yards)
  • Smaller Ribbon for the ornament hanger
Step One: Cut off the one arm portion of the knitted sweater.
Step Two: Place the styrofoam ball inside the arm of the sweater. Cut the sweater at both ends so that you have just enough material to cover the styrofoam.
Step Three: Use hot glue to glue down the sweater openings.
Step Four: Wrap the large ribbon around the ornament strategically so that you cover the hot glue sweater areas. Tie the ribbon in a large bow or glue a flower at the top. Use hot glue to secure the ribbon in hidden areas.

Step Five: Thread a smaller ribbon through the top of the bow/flower to use as an ornament hanger. That's it! Pretty easy, huh? I had all these items already in my craft stache, and you probably do, too!    

A great big "Thanks!!" to Ginger for letting me guest post at her blog today. I hope you'll take time this busy holiday season to stop by Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear. Check out a few of my other tutorials, like my Kool-Aid Icing Cupcakes and Glammed Up Tissue Box!