Ginger Snap Crafts: How to Nest for Less {5 minute tinsel christmas tree cones}

How to Nest for Less {5 minute tinsel christmas tree cones}

My name is Erin and I'm the DIY wannabe behind How to Nest for Less!
I'm excited to be guest blogging with Ginger at Ginger Snap Crafts for her Christmas Break series! I'm a HUGE fan and so grateful to be sharing a quick & easy project with you guys today. So the holidays are fast approaching and I feel like I'm running out of time to get new Christmas projects completed in time for our upcoming parties. So how about a quick splash of holiday décor? Voila! FIVE MINUTE TINSEL TREES!

Oh how I love the Dollar Tree! While wandering aimlessly through the aisles the other day to kill some time, I spotted some 9ft tinsel garlands that were screaming for a cheap project.

 
I scooped up 4 garlands (2 red and green, 2 red and gold).
 
I found some cheap cardboard cones from Michael's in the Christmas section. I picked up two small and one large and planned to make some cheap & fun tinsel trees!
 
First thing I did was get out my hot glue gun. I glued one end of the tinsel garland to the top of one of the small cones.



I then wrapped the tinsel around the cone all the way to the bottom and glued along the bottom edge.


Once the glue was dry, I went back and glued the loose midsection of the garland to the base. Much easier to space out my tinsel this way!



And that's about it! Super easy 5 minute project! The best part? All three Christmas tree cones cost less than $8!

 
These are absolutely perfect to scatter around the home, use as a centerpiece or end table décor. I actually have mine on huge candlestick holders on my fireplace hearth. LOVE.

Well, thanks for letting me share a new project with you guys! And Ginger, thanks so much for inviting me to Ginger Snap Crafts for the day.

Much ♥ to everyone, Erin


Erin is a St. Louis based designer, wife, mother and author of the blog
How to Nest for Less.