Ginger Snap Crafts: Santa {cupcakes & plate}

Santa {cupcakes & plate}

Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.

Now this one is one of our favorite family traditions!
In college way before I had kids one of my friends
showed me how to make these adorable Santa cupcakes!
I think I’ve made them every Christmas since!

IMG_1681

Since I’ve been married & had kiddos
these are a must for Christmas time.
We make them every year!  {They are so easy & cute!}
They are great for neighbor gifts, holiday entertaining,
school parties or just for fun. :)

You’ll need:
your favorite cake mix

Photo of Featured Cake Products

{photo source}

vanilla icing

Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting Box

{photo source}

red hots
chocolate chips
red sprinkles
mini marshmallows

santa cupcakes

It’s easy!  You ice your cupcakes using your vanilla frosting. 
Then sprinkle some red sprinkles along the top of your cupcake. 
Next add two adorable chocolate chip eyes! 
Santa has to have a red nose, of course.  So use your red hot for this. 
Finally add some mini marshmallows for Santa’s beard.  That’s it! 

Now for something new this year we added a {cute & easy} Santa Plate!

santa plate 2

I bought a pack of 4 plates at Walmart for under $2.00.
Then cut some Santa vinyl with my Silhouette & software.

IMG_1657      IMG_1661   IMG_1664IMG_1665   IMG_1667      IMG_1671

I just layered the vinyl to make Santa,
& then I added some Ho! Ho! Ho!’s
{I used the
 everytime I miss you font.}

IMG_1677   IMG_1678   IMG_1680

Then we put our Santa cupcakes on our Santa plate. :)
Now that’s a jolly neighbor gift for super cheap!

IMG_1692

IMG_1698

Remember if YOU have any
$5.00 & under gift ideas link them up here:

Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.