Ginger Snap Crafts: chalkboard menu board {tutorial}

chalkboard menu board {tutorial}

{chalkboard} menu board from GingerSnapCrafts.com
It's January! Time for those New Year's resolutions! Yay! Well, one of my goals this year is to be more organized in my kitchen! I've found that if I plan my meals out that I spend less money at the store, and I save so much time at home. No more....what's for dinner? We will already know. :) I made this super easy chalkboard menu board to hang {on the wall} of our kitchen. It's a great place to keep track of what's for dinner.
 
I just used a piece of glass, chalkboard spray paint, some extra trim we had left over for my outdoor chalkboard project, washi tape & mod podge to put this all together. I had all the supplies on hand so it didn't really cost me anything to make. Yay! I really love how it turned out!

My hubby actually made the frame for me!  Sorry no pictures…but you could easily use an old frame you already had or one from a thrift store.
 
A couple of months ago I saw this cute washi tape frame from Create.Craft.Love.  So just pop over here & see how she made hers. :)
 
washi tape project
 
The only thing I did differently was that I put a layer of mod podge on top of my washi tape.  The tape won’t be removable after that but it will prevent your washi tape from curling up later on.
 
washi tape

FYI: I bought this chervon washi tape from Pick Your Plum. Isn’t it cute??!!
 
{our menu} upclose

To make my chalkboard I just spray painted a piece of glass with chalkboard spray paint.  Love that stuff! :) After it dried I applied some vinyl lettering to make my menu.  {FYI:  I used My Own Topher font for my vinyl lettering.}
 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         menu board
 
Don’t forget to pop over here & vote!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email