Ginger Snap Crafts: Paula @ Welcoming Spirit {Christmas Break Guest}

Paula @ Welcoming Spirit {Christmas Break Guest}

Hi there! My name is Paula and I'm super excited to be one of Ginger's Christmas Break-ers :) I usually blog over at Welcoming Spirit, which I started in 2008 to chronicle my adventures as a retreat leader at a Franciscan retreat center in the San Francisco Bay Area. Now I mostly write about our two year old son (Zoom), spiritual reflections, crafty home renovations, and other projects around our home. This year we bought our first house, a little bitty 1971 Spanish style ranch that needs a lot of love. I work full time in advertising as a project manager, and Sean is back in school, studying to become a chef. Our life is a wild ride, very busy, and I am absolutely grateful for every minute.

So what have I been up to this year?

Moving on Welcoming Spirit
We moved across the San Francisco Bay to a new-to-us home. Come take a tour of our new place (messy rooms and all)!


painting an Ikea hutch on Welcoming Spirit
I brought new life into a 12 year old Ikea hutch with some DIY chalk paint and a dream. Now it's a pretty, colorful focal point of my kitchen. This is one of my favorite projects this year.

updating a bathroom on Welcoming Spirit
Our guest bathroom went from a dark, gloomy spot to one of my favorite rooms in the house. All it took was a paint, updating a light fixture, and a medicine cabinet from the Habitat for Humanity Re-store. This post has the before and after pictures.

building
I built a desk with 3 pieces of wood and 4 Ikea legs, and I sewed curtains for the kitchen out of new fabric and a set of up-cycled panels that I used as liners.

reflecting on motherhood on Welcoming Spirit
Motherhood has been an amazing experience for me, and I find that every day little Zoom teaches me more about myself than I would have ever imagined. Join me in reflecting on what it means to love him and keep him safe.

I'd like to thank Ginger for letting me do a guest post. If you'd like to follow me on my journey to update our house, and to reflect with me on the craziness of life, I'd love to have you follow along with Welcoming Spirit:
Blog: http://www.welcomingspirit.net
Instagram: http://instagram.com/welcomingspirit/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/welcomingspirit
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/welcomingspirit

Thank you so much, Paula!
{Visit Welcoming Spirit
to see more!}

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.


Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email