Ginger Snap Crafts: eyelet box die & Genius Ultimate Platform from Lifestyle Crafts {tutorial}

eyelet box die & Genius Ultimate Platform from Lifestyle Crafts {tutorial}

eyelet box from Lifestyle Crafts

I’m sure many of you heard about the CHA Trade Show in Anaheim, CA last week.  Wouldn’t that be so much fun to attend!??!  {If you haven’t heard of the CHA Trade Show…it’s a huge show where craft companies show off their newest & latest products for the year!}

At the CHA Trade Show Lifestyle Crafts announced some new additions to their core product line. Core products are awesome because they are those essential, go-to shapes you use in everyday crafting - parties, layouts, cards, projects & more. Lifestyle Crafts often sell limited edition themed dies that don't come back once they're out of stock, but core products are always available & restocked. Core products would make a great addition to your die collection.

So check these out! :)

imageimageimage

Cute, huh??

I was lucky enough to get my hands on some of these new dies!  Almost as good as getting to go to the CHA Trade Show! ha! ;)

I’ll be showing you a couple of them over the next week or so.  First I wanted to show you the cute eyelet box die, & I also wanted to give you a quick tutorial on how to use the Genius Ultimate Platform. The Genius Ultimate Platform System comes with a magnetic platform, and it includes two mats, one for embossing and one for cutting.  It works with all name brand die cutters as well. It is awesome!

Using your Genius Ultimate Platform is super easy.  First you will lay your dies cutting side UP on your platform. (I love that it is magnetic….this helps hold your dies in place.) 

genius platform from Lifestyle Crafts

Then you’ll put your paper on top….pretty side down.

genius platform tutorial

You’ll put your cutting mat on top & then roll it through your die cutting machine. (I have an Epic Six but remember you can use this platform with just about any brand of die cutter.) I love the cutting mat that comes with the Genius Ultimate Platform.  It is really thick, and it can be used a lot before it will need to be replaced.

genius platform and epic six cutting machine

When you finish rolling it through the die cutter, you’ll remove the mat, & this is what you’ll see.

die cutting machine

Pop the scrapbook paper out of the die, and you’ll have a perfectly cut die cut all ready to assemble!

die box

I just used a glue stick to assemble my eyelet boxes! Aren’t they cute??

eyelet box die from Lifestyle Crafts

They’d be perfect for party favors, gifts or even for Valentine’s Day.

eyelet box

eyelet boxes

Starting Monday Lifestyle Crafts is having a HUGE customer appreciation sale.
I have never seen a deal this good! I’ll be posting all the details tomorrow!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

Disclosure: I received product from Lifestyle Crafts for this post.  All opinions are my own.