Ginger Snap Crafts: White Christmas Mason Jar Luminaries {tutorial} #MarthaHolidayPaint

White Christmas Mason Jar Luminaries {tutorial} #MarthaHolidayPaint

Christmas luminaries from Ginger Snap Crafts

Can you believe it’s almost Christmas?
Time to start thinking about Christmas crafts! Yay!
I was inspired by this post
@ Crafts by Amanda & Martha Stewart Paints.
to make these beautiful & so easy white Christmas luminaries.

martha stewart glass paint

Look at what I received in the mail from Martha Stewart Paints.
{I’m not going to lie…being a craft blogger is so much fun!}

martha stewart craft supplies at michael's

These goodies are going to last me a long time,
& I can’t wait to share even more
projects made with Martha Stewart Crafts.

OK…back to the luminaries. ha! 
Here are the supplies that I used to make them:

supplies

Supplies: mason jars, Martha Stewart metallic glass paint,
Martha Stewart silkscreen snowflake stencils,
a paint dauber from Martha Stewart (not pictured),
Mod Podge, foam brush, tea lights & salt

I am in love with the Martha Stewart silkscreen stencils.
They worked amazingly well, and they were very easy to use.

stenciling  tutorial

One~ You’ll cut your stencils apart. The stencils are kind of like a sticker. You’ll remove it from the paper backing before you use it.
Two~ Get your glass paint paint & dauber ready.
Three~ Place your stencil onto your jar. Smooth it out & make sure it is laying completely flat.  Then you’ll take your dauber & dab a little paint over the entire stencil. While the paint is still wet remove the stencil. So easy & just beautiful!

salt covered mason jar candles

Next I frosted my mason jars with salt. Who knew salt could make something look so pretty!? You’ll put a coat of Mod Podge on your jar.  Then sprinkle the salt onto your jar. Shake off any excess. I used regular table salt on the jar and then around the rim I used the coarser Kosher salt. Tip: I made these about a week ago, & the salt does become a little more opaque as it is exposed to the air.  So if you are making these for an event or holiday dinner don’t make them too far ahead of time for best results.

diy candles

Then I set my luminary set on a glass plate with some snowflake confetti.
Tied a ribbon around the top, & put in some tea light candles.

martha stewart glass paint

Then lit the candles!  I love how they turned out!

christmas candles

All these products can be found at Michaels.
You can also connect with Plaid
{maker of Martha Stewart Craft products}
on facebook ~ twitter ~ pinterest

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 


FOLK-linky-party-button1

Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Plaid and The Blueprint Social. All opinions are my own.

Check out these other amazing projects using Martha Stewart Craft products: