Ginger Snap Crafts: easy metallic pumpkins {tutorial}

easy metallic pumpkins {tutorial}

easy metallic pumpkin tutorial

Last Friday I showed you all the craft goodies I received from Martha Stewart & Plaid.
Over the next few weeks I’m going to share some more fun projects I made using them!  Remember everything in this line can be found at Michaels stores. Yay!

I know you’ve probably seen pumpkin re-dos & pumpkin makeovers all over blogland this fall season.  I wanted to get in on the action, too! ha! ;) So a couple of weeks ago I randomly grabbed these hideous pumpkins while I was at the store! They were a dollar each….annnnd I just knew I could make them cuter somehow! So I put them in my cart & came home with them.

pumpkin

In my Martha Stewart stash I was given some gold & silver liquid gilding.  Tip: These paints are not water based, and you will need a special type of cleaner to get the paint out of your brushes.  So if you don’t have that just use an old brush you don’t mind throwing away.

Martha Stewart Liquid Gilding

So my crafty brain started thinking! Hmmmmm…I could add this to my hideous pumpkins to see how they would turn out! Oh yay…. a crafty experiment was about to happen. ha!

metallic paint

So I started painting!  This paint was amazing! The coverage was awesome. It went on nice & thick. TIP: Open the windows…this paint may be amazing but it does have a strong smell.  So make sure you have lots of fresh air so you can breathe. ;)

silver Martha Stewart paint

I was so impressed with the after!  Wow! What a transformation! It doesn’t even look like the same pumpkin. ;)

gold pumpkin

So if you need a fast simple project to add some glam to your Thanksgiving table this project might be just right for you! Wouldn’t they make a great centerpiece stacked in a bowl?

painting pumpkins

Come back later on this afternoon
for one more easy Thanksgiving project,
AND you’ll get to find out what I’m thankful for!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email