Ginger Snap Crafts: The Life of Pi Inspired Tablescape #WorldMarket_BF

The Life of Pi Inspired Tablescape #WorldMarket_BF

The Life of Pi Inspired tablescape life of pi

I admit since I starting blogging I haven’t had time to read as many books!  I know I definitely need to work on that, but one of the books I have read with my book club is The Life of Pi.  Have any of you read it?

In case you haven’t read the book The Life of Pi is the story of an Indian boy named Pi, a zookeeper’s son, who survives a disaster at sea and is thrown into an epic journey. While adrift in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, he forms an amazing and unexpected connection with a fearsome Bengal tiger. The movie which is based on the book opened in theaters November 21. You can watch the trailer for The Life of Pi {HERE}.

If you have read it, you know why I am so excited about the movie coming out!  The book left me with a lot of questions…so hopefully the movie will help clear them up!  ha!  ;) Did any of you see the movie over Thanksgiving?? If so, let me know what you thought of it.

Anyways, I was given the assignment to make a Life of Pi inspired tablescape working within a set budget at World Market. We don’t have a World Market super close to us.  The nearest one is 3 hours away, but over Thanksgiving break we spent some time in Kansas City.  Kansas City has several World Markets so I was able to shop at World Market for the first time. Oh my goodness…I’m hooked!  Check out some of these amazing goodies!

World Market homeworld market stores

I could of stayed for hours & hours! We brought all the kiddos with us so we had to make this visit short & sweet.  I’ll definitely be back though!

Here is what I picked up at World Market: napkins, glass serving bowls, napkin rings, candles, placemats, bamboo mat and chopsticks

world market tableware

You might wonder why I got the chopsticks…ummmm…they don’t use those in India where the book starts out!  Well, I didn’t know that until after I bought them. Plus my kiddos don’t need a reason to use chopsticks.  When they saw them at World Market they had to have them. They love using them to eat!  So just ignore the chopsticks. ha! ;)

world market

Here is our table. I used my stenciled curtains as a tablecloth!  I used the glass serving dishes as candle holders.  They worked perfectly.  We love using candles on our table.

world market life of pi campaign

I used the bamboo mat as part of our centerpiece, and a ceramic & metal candle holder I already had. 

world market centerpiece

The animals in the centerpiece were just cheap plastic toys that I spray painted cream to match our Life of Pi décor.

world market table

I loved the matching placemats & napkins I bought at World Market.  I thought they had a great look that would be perfect for our Life of Pi tablescape, & I loved that we could still use them day to day.

world market life of pi

World Market has a Life of Pi Sweepstakes going on right now!  {details below}

World Market's Life of Pi Sweepstakes

The Life of Pi Sweepstakes

  • Grand Prize package includes: a dream trip for 2 to India and a $1,000 World Market Gift card. There will also be 3 runner up prize winners that will each receive a $500 World Market gift card!
  • The Life of Pi Sweepstakes runs from 11/17 - 12/28.
  • If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
  • If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
  • Enter online at WorldMarketSweepstakes.com or with World Market on facebook.

You can connect with World Market on
twitter ~ facebook ~ google+ ~ pinterestinstagram

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own. http://cmp.ly/3/KqtZiE