Ginger Snap Crafts: Peanut Butter Jollies & Candy Cane Cupcakes {holiday recipes} #holidaycandy #cbias

Peanut Butter Jollies & Candy Cane Cupcakes {holiday recipes} #holidaycandy #cbias

Holiday Cooking with Nestle Candy #HolidayCandy

I can’t believe that Thanksgiving has come & gone. Wow! The holiday baking season is upon us. It’s time for some holiday recipes and holiday decorating!  Yay!  I love baking with #holidaycandy so I headed to Walmart to pick up some yummy ingredients to make two new recipes~ Peanut Butter Jollies & Candy Cane Cupcakes.  Yep…it’s a 2 for one on the blog today. ha!

peanut butter jollies recipe

The first recipe I tried out were these yummy Peanut Butter Jollies.  Peanut butter + chocolate candy = perfection in my book!  Yum!  You can find this & other yummy recipes {HERE}.

butterfinger jingles


Peanut Butter Jollies

30 Nestle Butterfinger Jingles, unwrapped & cut into quarters
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg

how to make peanut butter jolly cookies

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour & baking soda in a small bowl. Then you’ll beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar & vanilla together in a larger bowl. Then add the flour mixture gradually. Stir in chocolate chunks. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

candy cane cupcakes

The next recipe I made was Candy Cane Cupcakes.  I wasn’t exactly sure how these would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised.  My kiddos gobbled these up quick!

spree candy canes


Candy Cane Cupcakes


1 box of Spree Candy Canes, crushed
1 box cake mix
3 eggs
water
oil
icing

how to make candy cane cupcakes

For this recipe I just used a box cake mix & followed the directions on the back of the box.  Then I stirred in the candy cane pieces.  (I used my handy chopper to crush my candy canes.) It turns the batter pink!  Then I cooked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes for the mini cupcakes.  (You could also use a regular cupcake pan if you want bigger cupcakes.) After the cupcakes cooled I iced them.  I'm glad we did mini cupcakes because they were super sweet & yummy!  So the smaller cupcakes were perfect.  The only problem was it was hard to eat just one!

#holidaycandy

Do you have any favorite recipes you like to cook during the holidays?

You can connect with Nestlé here:
twitter ~ facebook ~ NestleSeasonalRecipes.com ~ NestleFamily.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email 

 

 

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Nestle #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.  It’s true I have a HUGE sweet tooth. ;) Check out the fun holiday candy available at Walmart: Nestlé Butterfinger Jingles Walmart, Crunch Jingles Walmart, Spree Candy Canes Walmart, SweetTarts Candy Canes Walmart.