Ginger Snap Crafts: cute & easy diaper cake {tutorial} #HuggiesWalmart

cute & easy diaper cake {tutorial} #HuggiesWalmart

Cute and easy diaper cake tutorial from Ginger Snap Crafts

Most of you who read my blog know that recently my youngest was potty trained, so now for the first time in 15 years (Yikes, that’s a long time!)…no one is in diapers around our house!  During that time I’ve been through a lot of diapers, brands & sizes!  I’m kind of an expert on diapers now! ha!  The diaper I always recommend & loved to use for my babies are the Huggies brand diapers.  I think Huggies are the cutest diapers, too…just adorable! Huggies were always great at keeping my babies clean & dry, This helped prevent diaper rash which was a huge help.  I always recommend them to my friends who are having babies.  They are also great to give as gift for new moms & babies.  I know when I was expecting the first thing I always asked for was diapers! My sister, Abby just had her very first baby this past week.  His name is Owen, & he is adorable!  I can’t wait to hold him!  In a couple of weeks I’ll be headed down to Texas to meet him, and I knew just what to bring him~ some Huggies Diapers!  Today I’d love to share how I made this cute & easy diaper cake for baby Owen. {I was inspired by this diaper cake tutorial I found on Pinterest.}

diaper cake made with Huggies Diapers

First I headed to Walmart to pick up some Huggies Snug & Dry diapers.
Walmart now has Rollback prices on all their Huggies diapers. 
It’s a perfect time to stock up!

Huggies Snug and Dry

For this diaper cake you’ll need:
63 Huggies Snug & Dry diapers
an empty paper towel roll,
small & large rubber bands
ribbon & tulle
Huggies plastic wipes case
vinyl lettering

diaper cake supplies

First you’ll roll your diapers up loose end to folded end.
Then use a tiny rubber band to hold it in place.

diaper roll

You’ll do this 63 times, so soon you’ll have a big pile of diaper rolls!

#HuggiesWalmart

Next you’ll start working on the first layer of your diaper cake.
You’ll need your large rubber bands for this.
You’ll put 7 diapers around the paper towel roll
& then secure the diapers with a rubber band.
Then you’ll have 13 diapers for your next circle.
Your biggest circle will have 18 diapers.

diaper cake first layer

You’ll do the second & top layer the same way.
The second layer has a 6 diaper circle, then a 13 diaper circle.
The top layer has one 6 diaper circle.

diaper cake middle & top layer

To hide the rubber bands you’ll just use ribbon.
Tie a bow around each layer of your cake.
I also added a little tulle in my bows.

diaper cake upclose

For the top of my diaper cake I used a Huggies wipe case.
I put Owen’s name on it with vinyl lettering.  Super easy!

 personalized baby wipe case

Then I stuck it right one the top!
Now everyone will know whose diapers these are. ha!

diaper cake

I love how it turned out! 
This would make a great baby shower centerpiece!

diaper cake made with Huggies Diapers

OK…I can’t have a post about Owen without introducing him!
Meet my new little nephew~ Owen!

babyowen

A BIG congratulations goes out to my sister & brother-in-law!
I’m so happy for your little family!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Huggies. #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.  I really love Huggies Diapers, and I LOVE that all my kiddos are out of diapers, too. Yay!  I do highly recommend Huggies to anyone that has still has kiddos in diapers. Huggies diapers also make a great gift!