Ginger Snap Crafts: {blast from the past} patriotic blocks ~ tutorial

{blast from the past} patriotic blocks ~ tutorial

OK…here’s a blast from the past! 
Last June I posted these patriotic blocks!
Thought I’d share it again! 
 
Here's how I made my super easy,
{& cheap!} and of course, very cute 4th of July decor.
 
 
Up first is this super cute flag.
I know you've seen 2x4 flags floating around blogland.
So, here's my version.
My hubby used a 2x4 but for the "stripes"
he cut them in half, trimmed them
& made them fit together perfectly.
{Isn't he smart & like I've said before so handy!}
 
 
 
I painted the pieces red, white & blue.
For my star, I cut a star with my Silhouette & used it like a stencil.
I painted my block white, applied the vinyl,
painted it blue & then removed the vinyl.
There's a perfect star.  Super easy!
 
 
Stack your blocks back up!
 
 
Add a bow.
 
 
All done!  So easy & cute!
 
 
Now for the USA blocks.
 
 
For my blocks I just used a 2x4 again {cut it into 4 inch blocks}.
Painted them red, white & blue, of course. :)
 
 
Applied the vinyl.  I used the Missed Your Exit font.
Then you can stack them however you'd like, vertical or horizontal.
 
 
Or add a bow like I did.
 
 
There you go- all done.
 
 
Display them together & you've got a fun, festive 4th of July mantel.
Let the celebration begin!  Happy Birthday, America!
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.