Ginger Snap Crafts: 4th of July firecrackers {tutorial}

4th of July firecrackers {tutorial}

Happy Monday!  I’m over at Lil’ Luna today so you can pop over {HERE } &
see what I’m sharing….but I wouldn’t leave YOU without a quick & easy tutorial, too!

fireworks

I know you have seen these cute little firecrackers all over blogland!
I was actually inspired by a set I saw over on Pick Your Plum a few weeks ago!
I wasn’t quick enough to get a set so I did the next best thing…I made my own!

You’ll need: 3 blocks {all 1x1 inch cubed} 7 in, 5 in & 3 inches tall
red, white & blue paint, wire, washi tape, glitter paint, wood stars from Plaid, raffia

fireworks tutorial1. After I painted my blocks, I drilled a small hole in the top just big enough for my wire to fit into.
2. Then I put some washi tape {from Pick Your Plum} around the top of each block.
3. Put the wire in the hole & curled it with a pencil.
4. Then I painted the stars.  I used some glitter paint from Folk Art.
5.  Then I just used a little piece of washi tape to stick my star on the top of the wire.
6.  Then I tied a raffia bow around the top…just under the washi tape.  That’s it!

fireworks2

Aren’t they cute? Smile

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.