Ginger Snap Crafts: {yummy} apron ~ Mother’s Day gift idea

{yummy} apron ~ Mother’s Day gift idea

Mother’s Day is less than a week away!!!
Are you ready?  If your mom loves to cook
here’s a simple gift idea she just might love.
{Plus it was super easy, inexpensive & fun to make.}

apron
Pin It

You’ll need:
an apron {You can find them super cheap at Walmart.}
heat transfer vinyl {I buy mine a USCutter.com.}

apron 1

To make this apron I used my Silhouette to cut the word yum 3 times.
{I used CK Cursive, Little Days & Modern No. 20 fonts.}
When working with heat transfer vinyl remember two things.
You’ll need to change your words to a mirror image before
you cut your vinyl.  (You want it to look backwards.) 

image

It’s also a good idea to do a test cut. 
I had mine set too deep & almost ruined it buuuut didn’t. Whew! Smile

apron 3

So all I did was cut my vinyl with my Silhouette, ironed it on
& then I added some ribbon to make it look pretty. 
It took just about 20 minutes to do everything. 
So this was a very quick & easy project.  Yay!

apron 5

I really LOVE how it turned out! Smile