Ginger Snap Crafts: Personalized Lunch Box with Painters Paint Markers {tutorial} #ExpressYourself

Personalized Lunch Box with Painters Paint Markers {tutorial} #ExpressYourself

painters paint markers

Last week my 5 year old, Cara got to attend kindergarten for half a day with her preschool class to have a little sneak peak.  She is super excited about starting school this coming fall.  So it got me to thinking about what kind of lunch box she would want to take with her when she starts school.  When I was in school my mom made me a lunch box using a metal bucket.  She painted a puppy on the front, & she even painted my name on the lid.  I LOVED that lunch kit (& I still have it!), so I decided to make Cara one, too.  I think she’ll love it!

  cara 3 cara 2 

Here’s some pictures we took when she got home from “school”.
{By the way kindergarten got a BIG thumbs up!}

So we headed to Walmart this past week to buy some supplies to make a lunch box!
I was so excited to see the NEW Painters Paint Markers available in singles! Yay!

painters paint markers 2 

I LOVE Painters Paint Markers.  I’ve been using them for years!
Here’s a little more about them:

  • New $1.97 low price at Walmart for single Painters Paint Markers
  • Expanded color & tip options are available {fine tip, medium tip & chisel tip}.
  • 100% acrylic paint
  • Acid-free {perfect for scrapbooking, journaling, etc.}
  • Permanent, streak-free and super fast drying time {almost instant}
  • 100% opaque coverage
  • Works on all kinds of surfaces
  • Made in the USA

painters paint markers

So we picked up the supplies we needed~
Painters Paint Markers, a metal bucket & ribbon.
Then we headed home to make Cara’s lunch box.

painters lunch

I decided to paint an ant! 
I just searched “ant coloring pages” online
until I found an ant I liked for my inspiration. 
I thought this little ant carrying a strawberry was cute. 
So I decided to use him!

image

So I grabbed some Painters Paint Markers & started drawing. Smile

painters paint markers1

I ended up changing the strawberry to a watermelon! 

p lunch box

I really LOVE these paint markers.
They dry really fast which makes it a lot easier to paint.

p lunch box 2

I bet no one else will have a lunch kit like this one! 
Cara really LOVES that her name is on the lid.

p lunch box 3

Now she’s all ready for kindergarten!
{Not sure that I am though!}
Winking smile

To keep in touch with Elmer’s you can find them on
facebook ~ twitter ~ their website

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 

 

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric
All opinions are my own.