Ginger Snap Crafts: {washi tape} checkerboard clipboards {tutorial}

{washi tape} checkerboard clipboards {tutorial}

I shared this a couple of weeks ago over at A Pumpkin & a Princess.
So just in case you missed it over there thought I’d share it here, too.
So here they are one more time ~ my {washi tape} checkerboard clipboards!

clipboards with washi tape

For this project you’ll need:
clipboards
washi tape
an X-ACTO knife
scissors

washi tape clipboards 1

I started off at the bottom of my clipboard
& placed my horizontal washi tape strips on first. 
I went all the way to the top of the clipboard. 
So for now your clipboard will all be the same color. 
Then I started on my vertical strips
with different color of washi tape. 
I used my X-ACTO knife cut small lines in the
tape using the tape underneath as a guide.

washi tape clipboards 2 washi tape clip boards 3 washi tape clipboard 5

Then you remove the squares that you don’t need. 
Then you just keep on going until your whole clipboard looks like a checkerboard! 

washi tape clipboard 77 washi tape clipboard 7 washi tape clipboard 9

There you go ~ all done!

washi tape clipboard tutorial

{These would make awesome teacher gifts…just saying. Winking smile}

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
See YOU back here on Monday.

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.