Ginger Snap Crafts: Macy’s Heart of Haiti {Mother’s Day gift idea}

Macy’s Heart of Haiti {Mother’s Day gift idea}

 
This Mother's Day, I'm working with Clever Girls in support of Macy's Heart of Haiti to shine a light on the "trade, not aid" program, which provides sustainable income to Haitian artisans struggling to rebuild their lives and support their families after the 2010 earthquake.

heart of haiti

It has truly been an honor to work with the Macy’s Heart of Haiti campaign!  I have a special place in my heart for the wonderful people of Haiti.  My brother is a television reporter, & he has traveled to Haiti two different times since the earthquake.  We have enjoyed hearing about his trips to Haiti & the progress that is being made there by the Haitian people to rebuild their homes & country.  Of course, when I heard I was going to help spread the word about Macy’s Heart of Haiti I asked my brother if he had any pictures from Haiti that I could use for my post. 

Here are some snapshots from his trips to Haiti.

026
029
106

Such a beautiful country!

I received two Heart of Haiti pendants in the mail~
one to keep & one to give {I’ll tell you who I gave it too in just a minute!}.

  heart of haiti 4

You may be wondering what exactly is Macy’s Heart of Haiti?

Heart of Haiti is a “Trade, Not Aid” initiative launched
by artist and social entrepreneur, Willa Shalit,
The Clinton Bush Haiti Fund and Macy’s.

Already, Heart of Haiti has led to employment
of 750 artists in Haiti, providing financial benefits
for an estimated 8,500 people in the country.

Each item is a one-of-a-kind design and handmade
by a Haitian master artisan from raw materials
such as recycled oil drums, wrought iron, papier-mâché and stone.

heart of haiti 3

The collection features more than 40 home decor items
including quilts, metalwork, ceramics, jewelry
and paintings and is made almost entirely
from recycled and sustainable items such as
old cement bags, cardboard,
oil drums and local gommier wood.

Heart of Haiti products are available online at Macy’s.com.

heart of haiti 2

Since it is almost Mother’s Day, I gave my Mom a Macy’s Heart of Haiti pendant!
I knew she would LOVE it!  It also would have special meaning for her
since it came from Haiti where my brother has spent so much time.

time out

{Here are 2 of my sisters, my mom & me.}

mother's day necklace

Here is my beautiful Mom with her Macy Heart of Haiti pendant!

It makes me tear up just thinking about my Mom!  She is truly amazing!
She is constantly giving service to others!  She never thinks of herself first.
Growing up she never was shy about getting involved in our lives. 
So embarrassing at the time, but I knew she loved me. 
She was & still is always there for me. 
She made sure I was were I needed to be growing up,
& she is a wonderful example of what a mother should be!
{Annnd she might of played a little role in introducing me to my hubby!}
Thank you, Mama!  I love you!  Happy Mother’s Day!

You can buy your own Macy’s Heart of Haiti pendant at Macy's.com
{For a limited time use the code MOM to get 10% off your pendant order.}
 
Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
 
 
 
Thank you to Macy's Heart of Haiti for sponsoring my participation in this “Share Your Heart" promotion. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.