Ginger Snap Crafts: {blast from the past} pencil holder ~ teacher gift idea

{blast from the past} pencil holder ~ teacher gift idea

Need an easy & cute {annnd cheap!} idea for a teacher gift?
 
 
Well, here is a blast from the past!
I shared this cute & easy pencil holder last year
when my blog was brand spanking new,
so I’m not sure many of you saw it.  Winking smile
I made these for my kiddos’ teachers last year.
It’s personalized with our school colors, name & mascot!
Just think of all the different colors
& styles you could do it in to match YOUR school!
Best of all it was super easy, and didn't cost me a thing.
{Just used what we already had around the house!}
 
Here's how I made it:
 
1. Cut a 2x4 into 7 inch blocks.
 
 
2. Then I had the hubby drill some pencil sized holes along the top!
{Try to make sure they are all the same depth, so your pencils will be even later.}
 
 
3. Then I painted the blocks black.
Let them dry really good.  Then I applied my vinyl lettering.
 
 
5. Tied a bow around the top. 
Then I stuck in my pencils.
{How easy is that?}
 
 
All done!
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.