Ginger Snap Crafts: Patriotic Patchwork Bunting from R & R Workshop {contributor post}

Patriotic Patchwork Bunting from R & R Workshop {contributor post}

Hey Everyone! I'm Rachel from R & R Workshop and I'm so excited to be here on Ginger Snap Crafts today. I want to share one of my favorite projects I've done so far.. Patriotic Patchwork Bunting! When I think of the 4th or America, of course Red, White and blue colors come to mind  but so does Apple Pie and quilts. I thought it would be fun to make a patchwork bunting. It was seriously so easy to make and I want to share how you can make one too!


I love the 4th of July but I don't have any decor to put up. So a bunting was just the answer!
Here is how you can make one:


//Scrapbook paper
//Cardstock
//Scissors
//Glue Stick
//Glue Gun
//Ribbon
//Twine or Ribbon to hang bunting
 
STEP ONE: Cut your pennants out of card stock or
something that wont easily bend.
Usually I make my buntings the typical triangle shape,
but I wanted to try something different this time :)

 
STEP TWO: Cut your scrapbook paper into squares.
My squares were about 1 inch x 1 inch.
You can make them any size you want,
just so you have enough to cover each pennant.

 
STEP THREE: Lay out your bunting piece and glue squares onto it.
Don't worry about them overlapping on the sides or if they fit on perfectly.
And the more random they look, the better :)

 
STEP FOUR: Turn over pennant and cut off the excess scrapbook paper.

 
STEP FIVE: hot glue each pennant on the back to ribbon or twine.


STEP SIX: Tie a knot with ribbon between each pennant.


I love how it turned out!

 
 
A fun way to add little bit of Red, White, and blue to your home or a party!
 
Here are a some of my other projects:

 
 
 
3
 
You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, or subscribe to my blog!
 
Rachel, that is the cutest thing ever!
I know what I’ll be making this weekend. Too cute! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created by R & R Workshop for Ginger Snap Crafts.