Ginger Snap Crafts: Paint Chip Flag Banner from Chase the Star {contributor}

Paint Chip Flag Banner from Chase the Star {contributor}

Hello Ginger Snap Crafts readers, I'm Barbara from Chase the Star,
and I am thrilled to be here as one of Ginger's summer contributors!

The 4th of July is just around the corner so I thought I'd share a simple
and practically free craft idea you can make in no time, a Paint Chip Flag Banner!

Paint-Chip-Flag-Banner.www_.chasethestar.net_

This is a fun addition to your mantel
or as a 4th of July party decoration,
and best of all it costs next to nothing!

To make it you'll need:

6 Dark red paint chips

6 Navy blue paint chips

{You can pick up paint chips for free at any home improvement store's paint department}

Jute twine

Glue stick

Star stickers

Paint Chip Flag Banner.www.chasethestar.net #4thofjuly #diy #craft #decor #banner

How to make a Paint Chip Flag Banner:

Step 1: Fold the red paint chip in half, so that the darkest red shade shows at the bottom.

Step 2: Cut the top corner of the navy blue paint chip, a little over an inch.

Step 3: Using the glue stick, adhere the navy piece to the red piece, at the top left corner.

Paint Chip Flag Banner.www.chasethestar.net #4thofjuly #diy #craft #decor #banner

Step 4: Cut the twine to the length of where you plan on hanging it
{in my case it's on my mantel}.

Paint Chip Flag Banner.www.chasethestar.net #4thofjuly #diy #craft #decor #banner

Step 5: Since the paint chips are folded, I simply placed them over the twine.
They are staying in place beautifully!

You can choose to add a little hot glue on the twine to keep
it in place if your banner is in a high traffic area.

Paint Chip Flag Banner.www.chasethestar.net #4thofjuly #diy #craft #decor #bannerI

Step 6: Add your stars! I chose to add one per 'flag',
but you can add several small stars, or decorate them anyway you like!

Paint Chip Flag Banner.www.chasethestar.net #4thofjuly #diy #craft #decor #banner

This paint chip banner is pretty versatile--think about using different colors for birthday parties and more! Most of us have these materials in our craft supplies already, and the paint chips are free! Can't get better than that!

There you have it, my red, white, and blue Paint Chip Flag Banner,
just in time for the 4th of July!

For more DIY and craft ideas, come see me at Chase the Star, also visit me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, I'd love to get to know you!

Thanks so much for letting me be part of your super fun summer series Ginger!

Have a wonderful 4th of July, and a GREAT summer!

ctssign

Barbara, I think I’m going to head to the store to get some paint chips!
Thank you so much for being on my blog today! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Chase the Star.