Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Pack T-Shirts with Heat Transfer Material & a How to Text Wrap with your Silhouette {tutorial}

DIY Pack T-Shirts with Heat Transfer Material & a How to Text Wrap with your Silhouette {tutorial}

This post brought to you by Silhouette.

Hi there! Just popping in to remind you about the Silhouette Heat Transfer Promotions going on right now! You still have a few more days to snag a sweet deal on a Silhouette Cameo or Portrait, & all of their heat transfer material is buy one get one free. Yay! So if you already own a Silhouette now is the time to stock up on that! :) You’ll need to go here & use the code GINGERSNAP to take advantage of these ah-mazing deals. {All the details are at the bottom of this post.}

I have one more quick smooth heat transfer material project~ some DIY pack t-shirts ~ to share with you, & I learned how to text wrap (make my words go around in a circle) with my Silhouette! Eek! So exciting! :) So I’m sharing a tutorial on how to do that today as well. So keep reading! :)

DIY Pack T-shirts with Heat Transfer Material from #Silhouette #DIY #CubScouts #tutorial

Next week I will be at day camp with my Cub Scout all week! So excited! I hope I survive! ha! Anyways last week I went to walking den leader training & some of the packs mentioned that they had matching pack t-shirts for their boys! What?!!? Our boys had nothing! Whoops! Well, Silhouette heat transfer material to the rescue! Yay! I was able to whip up these cute t-shirts super quick, and we are ready now! Thank goodness we only have 3 boys going! ha! That made it a little easier! I made the boys bright yellow ones, and I have a matching pink one! ;)

pack t-shirts

The theme for our day camp is Out of This World…so I made our shirts to match this. In the process I learned how to text wrap my words with the Silhouette design software. I was so excited! It was so easy, and I know I’m going to be using this all the time now! :)

First you’ll make a circle the size you think you’ll need. You can resize your image later if you need to…so no big deal….basically you just need a circle. :)

Untitled

Then type out the words you want to wrap. Notice that little icon on the bottom corner….

text wrap tutorial

You’ll grab that & drag your words over to your circle….then they will automatically wrap around your circle! Isn’t that ah-mazing??!! Notice how your circle turns gray. When you send this to your Silhouette in just a bit the circle will not be cut…just the words around it will be cut! So awesome!

text wrap

I wanted my letters to go around the circle a bit more, so I just highlighted them like normal & increased the font size until I got the look I wanted.

text wrap #silhouette

Then I added this cute little spaceship from the Silhouette online library to the middle. Then I copied & pasted until I had 3 logos for my shirts. They all fit on one smooth heat transfer sheet. Sweet!

text wrap #tutorial

Before sending my image to the Silhouette to cut I made sure I mirrored my images. You want the letters to cut in reverse.

mirrored image

I sent the image to my Silhouette, cut it, weeded it, & now we are ready to make some t-shirts. ;)

heat transfer material

This video from Silhouette will show you how easy it is to apply the smooth heat transfer material. :)

 
Now we are all ready for camp! Yay! Annnd we’ll be looking super stylin’, too! If I do say so myself! ha! ;)

DIY t-shirts using heat transfer material

DIY Pack T-shirts with Heat Transfer Material from #Silhouette #DIY #CubScouts #tutorial
You can check out my flocked heat transfer material tutorial to see how I made this DIY pillow for our bedroom.

#Silhouette
To find all the current Silhouette Promotions click the picture below, & don’t forget to use the code GINGERSNAP. :) Remember all these deals are only good through this Saturday, June 15th. So hurry! :)
Silhouette June promotion

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

I received product for this post. All opinions are my own. Thanks! :)
This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.