Ginger Snap Crafts: St. Patrick’s Day Pennant Banner with Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive {tutorial}

St. Patrick’s Day Pennant Banner with Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive {tutorial}

Today I’d love to show how I made this easy St. Patrick’s Day pennant banner using my Silhouette, Silhouette double-sided adhesive & Silhouette glitter.

St. Patrick's Day pennant banner via GingerSnapCrafts.com #silhouette

Don’t forget! The Silhouette double-sided adhesive starter kit is on sale right now until February 14th for only $12. 99 using code GINGERSNAP!  That is an ah-mazing deal! Inside the box you will get:

  • 6 sheets of double-sided adhesive material
  • 3 colors of glitter
  • 3 colors of flocking powder
  • 10 exclusive designs
  • Silhouette spatula
  • Brush
  • Instruction booklet

image

You’ll have plenty of supplies to make this & many other fun Silhouette projects!  You can check out the Silhouette blog for more fun ideas using this product.

#silhouette double-sided adhesive

To make my St. Patrick’s Day banner I first cut out my pennant (with card stock) & my letters (using the double-sided adhesive) with my Silhouette.

#Silhouette adhesive step 1

The double-sided adhesive sheets have a yellow backing, then the adhesive & then a white layer on top.  To apply the adhesive first I carefully removed the yellow backing from the back of my letter.

#silhouette double-sided adhesive tutorial

Then I placed the letter on my pennant where I wanted it, & then I pressed it down.

#silhouette tutorial

Then I removed the top white layer of my double-sided adhesive sheet.

#silhouette pennant banner

That left a very sticky letter L on my pennant. :)

#silhouette st.patrick day craft

I sprinkled some my Silhouette glitter that came with my starter kit all over the letter L.

#silhouette sale

Then I used the supplied brush to remove the excess glitter.

#silhouette glitter

Now I have a clear, crisp very glittery letter L.  Isn’t that the coolest thing ever?? ;)

#silhouette glitter letters

I finished the rest of my letters, and then I hung my pennants on some twine! The starter kits comes with enough supplies to make this & many more cute projects. Just think of all the fun projects you could make! I can’t wait to do more with the double-sided adhesive. :)

#silhouette bannerlucky banner

Don’t forget about the Silhouette deals going on right now!

You can purchase the Silhouette Portrait™ and double-sided adhesive started kit bundle for only $179,99.

This Silhouette Portrait™ and double-sided adhesive starter kit bundle includes:

  • Silhouette Portrait™
    • Silhouette Portrait™ electronic cutting tool
    • Silhouette Studio® software*
    • 51 exclusive cuttable designs
    • Power cable/AC adapter
    • USB cable
    • 8" x 12" cutting mat
    • Silhouette blade
    • $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
    • Basic Instruction Guide
    • *Requires Windows XP and higher, or Mac® OS X 10.6.8 and higher
  • double-sided adhesive starter kit
    • 6 sheets of double-sided adhesive material
    • 3 colors of glitter
    • 3 colors of flocking powder
    • 10 exclusive designs
    • Silhouette spatula
    • Brush
    • Instruction booklet

If you already own a Silhouette you can buy the double-sided adhesive kit by itself for only $12.99.

***Don’t forget to use the code GINGERSNAP to snag these ah-mazing deals!!! Expires 2/14/2013 Hurry!***

#Silhouette February 2013 promotion

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email 

 

 

Disclosure: I was given a Silhouette double-sided started kit to complete this post.  All opinions are my own.