Ginger Snap Crafts: my famous lasagna {recipe} #CookClassico

my famous lasagna {recipe} #CookClassico

I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is already over! This year is flying by! Can’t time just stop for a little while so I can catch up? ha! ;)

Well, last week we had a special dinner date as a family on Valentine’s Day! It was so much fun! I even made my famous lasagna! :) #cookclassico

my famous lasagna #recipe #CookClassico

You might be wondering what makes this lasagna so famous!  Well, I’ll tell you. :) Back when the hubby & I were first married I didn’t have much cooking experience, & his whole family was coming to visit.  So I looked through my cookbook, & I decided on lasagna!  It looked easy enough, it’s cheap to make & everyone loves lasagna, right? 

dinner menu
So I made a couple of pans of lasagna for our company.  I was so proud of myself! ha! Everyone went on & on on how good the lasagna was.  So the next couple of times they visited guess what I made….more lasagna!  Needless to say, eventually it became a family joke.  “So, Ginger whatcha making?  Lasagna?” haha!  So now I never make lasagna when my husband’s family comes over buuuuut my kiddos do love my lasagna.  So I still make my famous lasagna for them just not every night. ha! ;)

#CookClassico crushed tomatoes

My Famous Lasagna

Ingredients:

  • Classico Crushed Tomatoes* 28 oz. can
  • 2 Jars Classico Traditional Sweet Basil sauce
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef, browned & drained
  • 1 8 oz. bag cheddar cheese
  • 1 8 oz. bag Italian style cheese blend
  • I box oven ready lasagna noodles
  • 1 24 oz. carton of cottage cheese
  • 3 tsp parsley
  • 1 egg

*Classico Crushed Tomatoes can be found at Walmart along with Classico Whole Peeled Pear Tomatoes with Fresh Basil, Classico Heavy Tomato Puree & Classico Tomato Sauce.  Classico canned tomatoes are awesome because they are tasty & nutritious. They are 100% all-natural and always packed fresh with no preservatives. You can find the Classico Traditional Sweet Basil sauce at Walmart as well. For more information you can visit Classico on their website.

The first thing I made was the sauce for my lasagna.  I browned & drained the ground beef on the stove.  Then in a bowl I mixed the 2 jars of Classico Traditional Sweet Basil sauce, the can of Classico Crushed Tomatoes & hamburger meat. Then I set it aside.

#recipe lasagna sauce

Then in a smaller bowl I mixed the whole tub of cottage cheese with one egg & 3 teaspoons of parsley.  I mixed it well, & then I sat it aside.

making lasagna #CookClassico

Then I poured the two different types of cheese into bowls as well.

#recipe cheese

Now it was time to assemble the lasagna layers.  I used the oven ready lasagna noodles.  It makes it so much faster & easier since you don’t have to precook them! Yay!  So first I put in a layer of the uncooked noodles, then a layer of the lasagna sauce, then a layer of the cottage cheese & then I sprinkled on the grated cheese. I did this about three times or so until my pan was full.  My last layer was the remaining sauce, & then I sprinkled the rest of the cheese on top.

lasagna layers

Then I put a double layer of foil on top of my lasagna.  Then I put it in a 425 degree oven for one hour (or cook until the noodles are tender).  After I took it out of the oven I let it sit on the stove for 10 minutes before I removed the foil paper. While the lasagna cooled we got ready for our date. ;)

making dinner #recipe

For our Valentine’s dinner date I made menus for everyone. We decorate the table with a nice tablecloth.  We had fun striped straws & candy heart boxes as decorations. We used Valentine scrapbook paper for place mats.

menu #recipe

Then dinner was served….mom’s famous lasagna with a salad, green beans & French bread. Yum! For dessert we had a chocolate bar. (That turned out to be pretty messy & lots of fun!)

#recipe

Here are a few pictures from our Valentine’s Day dinner date! As you can see everyone loved the lasagna made with the Classico tomatoes. They made our dinner both yummy & nutritious! You can’t beat that! ;)

valentine date

If your family loves tomatoes as much as my family does you’ll want to check out
some more healthy & delicious recipes using Heinz Classico Canned Tomatoes.

So what did you do on Valentine’s Day? I’d love to hear. :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and Classico #cbias #SocialFabric #CookClassico All opinions are my own.