Ginger Snap Crafts: chocolate peppermint brownies {recipe} #rethinkwhatyoudrink

chocolate peppermint brownies {recipe} #rethinkwhatyoudrink

Our family tries to eat as healthy as we can. We eat lots of fruits, vegetables & whole grains. Recently we’ve also tried Silk Soy Milk. Silk Soy Milk is great milk alternative because it gives you as much calcium as milk, is very low in saturated fat and is 100% cholesterol-free. Silk Soy Milk is also 100% lactose & dairy free. So it’s great if you have those kinds of allergies. #rethinkwhatyoudrink

A few months ago I shared one of our favorite smoothie recipes made with Silk Fruit & Protein. Yummy!  Every time we go by the diary case my 3 year old wants me to buy some more!  He loves it. Recently I found out you can even cook with Silk Soy Milk!  I don’t know why I’ve never thought of that before, so I was eager to try it out.  Today I’d love to show you how I made this yummy chocolate peppermint brownies with Silk Soy Milk.

 chocolate peppermint brownies made with Silk Soy Milk

I found this recipe on Silk.com along with many other yummy recipes that I can’t wait to try out next.  You can find this chocolate peppermint brownie recipe {here}.

brownie

The first thing I did was head to my local Walmart to get all the ingredients to make these brownies.  You can check out my entire shopping trip over on google+. At my Walmart they actually had in store demo for Silk Soy Milk. Don’t you love those? :)

#rethinkwhatyoudrink shopping trip
For this recipe you’ll need:

brownie layer

  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup Silk Soy Milk (or Silk Almond Milk)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup flour (The recipe called for almond flour, but regular flour works, too!)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt

mint layer

  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 2-3 tbsp Silk Soy Milk (or enough for the frosting to be spreadable)
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • 2-3 drops green food coloring

chocolate glaze

  • 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
  • 2 tbsp butter

baking with Silk soymilk

So once I was home I laid out all my ingredients & got to cooking! ;) I was craving some brownies! So here is what you’ll do:

silk soy milk

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, Silk Soy Milk, cocoa & sugar until well mixed.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, & then beat until smooth.
3. Add the cornstarch, flour, baking powder & salt & stir.
4. Pour into a greased 8x8 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let brownies cool.
5. Prepare mint layer & then spread on top of cooled brownies. Chill brownies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile prepare the chocolate glaze by melting chocolate & butter together. (Sorry there’s no picture!) Pour chocolate mixture over frosted brownies.  Chill for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares with a warm knife.

brownie recipe

Then enjoy! :)

chocolate peppermint brownies made with Silk Soy Milk

You can connect with Silk in the following places:
website ~ twitter ~ facebook ~ facebook recipe page ~ pinterest

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and WhiteWave #cbias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.