Ginger Snap Crafts: Mother’s Ribbon ~ Boy Scout Mother’s Pins {tutorial}

Mother’s Ribbon ~ Boy Scout Mother’s Pins {tutorial}

Cub Scout Mother's Necklace from GingerSnapCrafts.com
If you have a boys in Cub Scouts like me…then you know that February is Blue & Gold Banquet time! :) This week our pack is having our Blue & Gold banquet & dinner. So I made these super easy Mother’s Ribbons for all the new moms in our pack.

This are great for all those Mother’s pins that you’ll collect throughout your son’s Scouting career. I usually make a bunch at once, & then save the extras in our Scout closet.

cub scout ribbon supplies {gingersnapcrafts.com}

For this project all you'll need is:

  • sewing machine
  • ribbon {red, green, yellow & blue}
  • matching thread
  • sewing supplies {needles, scissors, etc.}

scout necklace

I cut my ribbons approximately 18 inches long in each of the four colors ~ blue, yellow, green & red. Then I pinned the ribbons together in sets. {I pinned the blue & gold together for Cub Scouts and red & green together for Boy Scouts.}

cub scouts

Then you’ll sew along each side of the skinnier ribbon on each set.

boy scout

Then I sewed the ends together. That’s it!

ribbon

These are great for keeping track of all those pins!

mother's pin ribbonmother's pin necklace

Don’t forgot about this ah-mazing deal from Silhouette!
Click here & use the code GINGERSNAP to snag an awesome deal.

#Silhouette February 2013 promotion

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email