Ginger Snap Crafts: busy board clip boards {tutorials}

busy board clip boards {tutorials}

Well, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be one of the contestants on this season of So You Think You’re Crafty! Well if you were following along you might of noticed that I got booted off pretty quick!  Anyhoo….that’s the way it goes sometimes, I guess! ha! ;) They are down to the last 4 or 5 contestants over there…so check it out.  It’s getting pretty exciting! :)

Well, I made these busy board clip boards for the {for the boys} round , and unfortunately they are the project that got me kicked off…but I thought I’d share them anyways! ha! ;)  They were super easy to make, & your kiddos {boy or girl} will love them!  I know mine do.

{Did you see my for the boys round up yesterday??}

Here’s how I made our busy board clip boards:

busy board from Ginger Snap Crafts

Supplies you'll need:

  • chalkboard spray paint
  • clip boards
  • painter’s tape
  • sheet metal
  • glue
  • ribbon

*FYI: Never mind the magnetic spray paint…I couldn’t get it to work for me! :(

busy board tutorial

The first thing I did was paint my clip boards.  Before I started painting I taped off the metal clip with painters tape.  It will take a couple of coats to get full coverage on the board with the chalkboard paint.  Since the magnetic paint didn’t work for me I had to come up with something different to hold our magnets on . (I think I needed a few more coats of the magnetic paint for it to work!) So I went with plan B to make my boards magnetic! ;)

busy board with chalk and magnets

Several months ago I had bought a lot of these precut metal sheets from Pick Your Plum. They worked perfect for this project…just the right size & everything. I just hot glued one piece onto the bottom of my board. It worked great for holding our magnets!

busy board with chalk from Ginger Snap Crafts

So the bottom is magnetic, & the top is chalkboard.  I also spray painted the back of the clip board with chalkboard paint, so they have room to write there as well. These have been keeping my kiddos busy!  My 6 year loves hers.  She is into letters, writing & reading right now so this is right up her alley! ;)

DIY busy boards for the kiddos

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
See you back here on Monday!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email
 

 

 

For more chalkboard projects you can check out my outdoor chalkboard, chalkboard ornaments, chalkboard menu board & chalkboard family home evening board. :)