Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Photo Gifts {tutorial}

DIY Photo Gifts {tutorial}

Hello! One of my favorite things about blogging is connecting with other bloggers & crafters. That is why I was so happy to find the Silhouette Challenge facebook group a few months ago. I have enjoyed participating in their monthly Silhouette Challenges. Recently the group decided to do a fun craft swap with each other. We were each matched up with a fellow crafter, we got to “meet” each other & then we swapped gifts. Sounds fun, right? My fabulous partner was Kelly from Simply Kelly Designs. She made me the most adorable gift! You’ll see her gift & some of the other swappers’ gifts in just a bit. Buuuut first I want to show you what I made Kelly ~ these DIY Photo Gifts. So keep reading! :)

DIY Photo Gifts at GingerSnapCrafts.com 

Pictures Always Make a Great Gift ~ easy photo gift tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #photo #giftidea #tutorial

Since both Kelly & I have Silhouettes. I wanted to make her something that didn’t use a Silhouette. Pictures always make a great gift, and these are so easy to make! So I knew exactly what I wanted to make Kelly ~ some DIY photo gifts. :) I’ve shared how to make DIY photo pendants before, and today I’d love to show you how I made a photo key chain. It was just as easy to do! (You can see how to make the DIY photo pendant HERE.)

supplies

You’ll need a few supplies to get started:

Diamond Glaze Adhesive
glass tile
key ring
metal backing
Super Glue
photo printed out on white cardstock (sized to fit your glass tile)
old paint brush

*I found all of these supplies (except the Super Glue, brush & photo) at the Etsy Shop ~ Candy Tiles.

making a photo key chain

First you’ll put a tiny drop of the Diamond Glaze on the back of your glass tile. Spread it around with a brush until the whole tile is covered.

photo key chain tutorial

Place your photo face down on the tile. Rub gently on the back to get a good seal. You don’t want any bubbles. ;) Let this dry for 10-15 minutes.

DIY photo gift tutorial

Then take your paint brush & put another layer of the Diamond Glaze on the back of the photo. Make sure you completely cover the whole back. This will seal your picture onto your glass tile. Let dry for several hours.

easy photo key chain tutorial

Next using the Super Glue glue your glass photo tile into the metal backing. Then add a key ring. You’re done! Now you have a unique gift to give! These would make great Mother’s Day & Father’s Day gifts, grandparent gifts & teacher gifts….the possibilities are endless. :)

DIY Photo Key Chain Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #photo #keychain #tutorialphoto key chains

As I said my beautiful swap partner (as you can see!) was Kelly from Simply Kelly Designs. I so enjoyed getting to know Kelly a little better. She is one talented lady! I snagged a few of her fun projects to share with you today….you’ll have to visit her blog for more! ;)

SimplyKellyDesigns_TemporaryTattoos3-600x600

How to Create DIY Temporary Tattoos

SimplyKellyDesigns_NewKidOnTheBlockOnesie_WEB-600x600

DIY New Kid on the Block Onesie

SimplyKellyDesigns_InstagramWreath_WEB-600x600

Instagram Wreath

Kelly made me a cute t-shirt! Today she is sharing the cut file.
So make sure you stop by! Isn’t it the perfect shirt for me? I love it!

handmade

You can check out more gift ideas from the Handmade Gift Exchange below! Enjoy! :)


do it yourself photo pendants_thumb[1]

DIY Photo Gifts at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.