Ginger Snap Crafts: Footprint & Handprint Flag {kid craft} #ultimateredwhiteandblue

Footprint & Handprint Flag {kid craft} #ultimateredwhiteandblue

Hello! I am so excited to be participating in the Three Cheers for the Red, White & Blue #ultimateredwhiteandblue round up today (organized by the amazing Abbey from The Cards We Drew) with 110 of your favorite bloggers! Yes, 110 bloggers! Yay! So you’ll want to keep reading because I’ll have links to all of their posts. Annnnd I’m sharing an adorable Footprint & Handprint Flag for your kiddos to make! So if you needed an idea for the 4th of July we have got you covered! ha! ;) So keep reading! :)
Printhandprint & footprint flag #kidcraft #4thofJuly

I saw a flag similar to this one on Hobby Lobby’s facebook page. I knew it would be so simple to make with supplies I already had on hand. I’m so glad we did! It turned out so cute! :)

kid craft for the 4th of July
For this project you’ll need a few supplies:
16x20 canvas
a ruler
a pencil
gray, red, white & blue craft paint
foam brush
a willing kid who’s not afraid to get a little messy ha! ;)

First ~ you’ll paint your canvas a light gray color. Let dry.

canvas

Then I traced a composition book that looked about the size I needed for the top square with a pencil. Then I used a ruler to measure out & draw some stripes. The good thing about using a pencil is that you can erase all these lines later. ;)

flag craft with kids

So this is what it ended up looking like after I was finished drawing the lines.

flag outline

OK…now here comes the messy part! ha! I put some black garbage bags down to protect the floor. Then we used my son’s feet to make the stripes with the red & white paint.

footprinthow to make a flag with footprints

Then we used his hands to make the blue part of our flag! Looks like he is having fun, doesn’t it? ha! ;)

handprintflag handprints

After the paint had dried completely we erased the pencil lines, and now we have a cute flag to decorate for the 4th of July! :) It also makes a super cute photo prop, too. :)

4th of July

flag craft

flag craft at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Now check out the ultimate red, white & blue round up below! #ultimateredwhiteandblue



handprint & footprint flag #kidcraft #4thofJuly

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Follow The Cards We Drew's board Three Cheers for the Red White
and Blue ULTIMATE Round Up of Patriotic Ideas from Top Bloggers! on Pinterest.