Ginger Snap Crafts: Learning How to Use a Letterpress ~ Class Sign Up

Learning How to Use a Letterpress ~ Class Sign Up

This post is brought to you by Studio Calico & Lifestyle Crafts.

Today I am excited to tell you that Lifestyle Crafts is partnering with Studio Calico to bring you an awesome Letterpress Class! Yay! This class will focus on using letterpress with Project Life®, cards, layouts & mini albums! (Have you seen the Project Life® kits all over blogland? So, so cute! I’m so excited about the Studio Calico Letterpress Plates that coordinate with Project Life®. Eek!) I was also excited to try out some letterpress plates from Studio Calico that were made especially for the class! Keep reading to find out how I used them, & how you can sign up for the letterpress class! :)

a letterpress class #lletterpress #lifestylecrafts

First let me tell you a little bit about the Letterpress Class at Studio Calico.

Letterpress Class will include:
•New PDFs posted each Tuesday and Thursday in September
•8 technique videos
•Over 30 new letterpress projects including Project Life® spreads, layouts, mini albums & cards
•Access to a class message board and gallery
•New challenges each week

LETTERPRESS-SNEAK-NL
While supplies last, all students will receive a bonus class kit containing a 4x3 inch Studio Calico letterpress plate, a pack of sample letterpress inks from Lifestyle Crafts and 4x6 inch letterpress paper in white and black. Yay!

The class is taught by Tina Aszmus along with these amazing contributors! For all the details & to register visit the letterpress class page over at Studio Calico.  You need to register by Sept. 15th! So hurry! :)

LETTERPRESS-CONTRIBUTOR-NL

I was so happy when I received these letterpress plates in the mail! Aren’t they cute? ;) They even sent me some matching dies, too! The life of a blogger is so hard! ha! ;)

project life and letterpressing

To tell you the truth I’m a very newbie letterpress-er! (Is that a word? ha!) Anyways, I’m totally thinking about signing up for the letterpress class! I could use a little training! ;) So I’m not going to give you a full tutorial. You’ll have to attend the class for that, but one tip I have learned is that the amount of ink you put on your letterpress plates is the key. You don’t want too much or too little. It takes a little while to get the hang of it! That’s why I am so glad they are offering a class. :)

letterpressing with #lifestylecrafts
Once you have your ink applied & your paper lined up you simply run your letterpress through your Epic Six. That’s the easy part! ;)

letterpressing with your Epic Six

Then you’ll end up with fun shapes like this! The letterpress pushes the ink into the grooves of your letterpress paper! I love how it looks afterwards. So fancy! I cut out my camera’s using an X-ACTO knife. I cut out a few die cuts as well. Now they are ready to add to my Project Life® album.

#lifestylecrafts #diecuts
First I laid out my scrapbook page how I wanted, and then I added some journaling on some of the Project Life® cards.

project life

Then I assembled my pages. I just used a glue stick to attach the dies cuts & letterpress cameras to the cards.

#lifestylecrafts

Loved how the letterpress added a little something extra special to my Project Life® album! :)

#lletterpress

Remember you can sign up for the Studio Calico Letterpress class by going here by Sept. 15th. You can also check out all their fun letterpress plates here. Which ones would you like to use? Do you use Project Life®? Have you ever used a letterpress before? Would you like to attend the class? I’d love to hear your thoughts! :)

a letterpress class #lletterpress #lifestylecrafts

You can connect with both @lifestylecrafts & @studio_calico on twitter.
Also, follow the hashtags #scletterpress #lifestylecrafts #lletterpress
for more awesome letterpress ideas, projects & information! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.