Ginger Snap Crafts: Show Your School Spirit with Heat Transfer Vinyl from Happy Crafters

Show Your School Spirit with Heat Transfer Vinyl from Happy Crafters

This post is brought to you by Happy Crafters.

Hello! Happy Friday! I am so excited about this post! :) I have teamed up with Happy Crafters to bring YOU some fun tutorials over the next year! Yay! If you haven’t heard of Happy Crafters ~  you have got to hop over & check them out right {HERE}. I’ll wait! ha! ;) They carry just about every supply you could think of to go along with your Silhouette or Cricut craft cutter. They have vinyl, heat transfer vinyl, starter kits, sketch pens, transfer tape, specialty media & so much more. So awesome! One of my favorite things to work with is heat transfer vinyl. You have some many crafty possibilities with this stuff. One of my favorite things to make with heat transfer vinyl is to make t-shirts for my kiddos especially for school. So today I am excited to show you how to show your school spirit with heat transfer vinyl with this DIY personalized t-shirt. So keep reading! :)

Show Your Team Spirit with Heat Transfer Vinyl at GingerSnapCrafts.com #heattransfervinyl
 
The kiddos are back in school, and all of the fall sports are in full swing. So I decided to make my daughter who is running cross country this year a fun t-shirt with heat transfer vinyl from Happy Crafters.

For this project you will need:
Happy Face Glitter Iron On Vinyl ~ Ruby Dazzle from Happy Crafters
Happy Face Iron On Vinyl ~ Cloud White from Happy Crafters
black t-shirt
iron
Silhouette CAMEO
 
The first thing you'll need to do is open up your Silhouette software. I used this image from the Silhouette online store. I only wanted to use the top arrow for my shirt.
 
how to cut heat transfer vinyl 1
 
So I selected object & then ungroup. I deleted all of the other arrows, & then I was left with the one I wanted. :)
 
how to cut heat transfer vinyl 2
 
Next I clicked the text button & added the letters XC for cross country in the Arial font.
 
 
I moved the XC over my arrow, & then I clicked on the weld button along the bottom of my screen. I love this tool. It actually welds your images together into one image! This makes it so much easier to cut & apply.
 
 
Next I added the word blackhawk along the top using the KG Always a Good Time font. I also welded this word together for one continuous cut.
 
 
Next I clicked object, then transform & then mirror option to flip my words backwards. This is an important step when using heat transfer vinyl especially when you have words. You'll want them to cut backwards.
 
how to cut heat transfer vinyl 7
 
Next I made sure that my Silhouette was set to cut heat transfer vinyl. TIP: You will not need to use a mat when you cut heat transfer vinyl. Then I fed my heat transfer vinyl into my machine making sure that I put the shiny side down & the dull side up.
 
 
After I cut my vinyl I weeded the excess vinyl off, & now I was ready to apply my vinyl to my shirt.
 

Then using a hot iron, I ironed until the heat transfer material adhered to my t-shirt. TIP: Make sure you put a pillow case or dish towel between the iron & the heat transfer vinyl.

 
You have to patient with this step & take your time. Once my vinyl starting sticking I slowly peeled the backing paper away leaving the vinyl on my shirt. Love it! :)
 
 
While I was at it I made this cute cheer bag for my youngest daughter who is cheering for the first time this year. She will LOVE using this bag to hold all of her gear.
 
 
 
You can keep in touch with Happy Crafters
on their siteon their blogon pintereston facebookon twitter
 
Show Your Team Spirit with Heat Transfer Vinyl at GingerSnapCrafts.com #heattransfervinyl
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.