Ginger Snap Crafts: Dutch Oven Backyard S’mores + the Great Outdoors with the Family {recipe}

Dutch Oven Backyard S’mores + the Great Outdoors with the Family {recipe}

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias #mysummersavings

Hello! How are you? Can you sense a theme in the last few recipe posts I’ve shared over the last little bit? Yes, we are so enjoying the great outdoors with the family! After a super long winter, we are so excited for spring to finally arrive. Yay! :) We haven’t officially been camping yet though. Spring break was a little too cold for that! brrrr! Now school is in full swing, & we haven’t had a free weekend to get away. Buuuut my kiddos have been itching to go, so we compromised & had a little campout in the backyard. ;) It was so much fun! I wanted to try a new recipe, too! So I have some tips & what not to do’s to make some yummy Dutch oven backyard s’mores! So keep reading to see how our little camp out went & to get the recipe. :)

Backyard S'more Recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #collectivebias #shop

ooey gooey s'mores #shop

Of course, before our backyard fun we had to run to Walmart to pick up some supplies. Isn’t that the way it always goes? haha! Our tent has “mysteriously” disappeared. I really think my 16 year old left it at a Scout campout. Anyways, so we did a little tent shopping while we were there. We picked up a cute 6 man tent that pops up in 60 seconds. I was skeptical but it really does go up that fast! My hubby had it up in no time! It is awesome!

#shop

I also picked up the ingredients for our Dutch oven s’mores. :)

s'more ingredients #shop

For this recipe you’ll need:
1 package of full size chocolate bars
1 box of Honey Maid graham crackers
1 bag of Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows

s'more recipe #shop

First you’ll loosely break apart the graham crackers on the bottom of your Dutch oven. I used two of the smaller packages found inside the box of graham crackers.

smore recipe for camping #shop

Then you’ll put a solid layer of yummy chocolate on top of that ~ my favorite part! ha! ;)

making a smore recipe in a dutch oven #shop

Then on top of that you’ll put a nice fluffy layer of marshmallows.

s'more recipe for camping #shop

Then we set it on some hot coals with the lid on with a few coals on the lid as well. Are you ready for my big tip? OK, here it goes. ;) Do not leave your yummy s’mores while they are cooking, and walk over to the grill, cook a bunch of hot dogs & then come back to check 15 minutes later because you will come back to a very toasty (or also known as burnt!) dessert. If you don’t believe me check out my instagram post. ha! ;) It didn’t really taste bad, but it wasn’t a pretty picture. So we tried it again, and this time it was perfection! We had golden brown marshmallows & lots of yummy melted chocolate over graham crackers. So watch closely as it cooks. It will probably only need a few minutes before it’s ready. Serve warm! Enjoy!

***You can print out a print friendly version of this recipe {HERE}.***

backyard s'more recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #shop

Before we had dessert, I did make my kiddos eat some dinner. I know ~ I’m such a mean mom! ha! ;) So I snapped a few pictures of us enjoying the outdoors in our backyard. :)

camping in the backyard #shopeating outside #shopfamily time in the great outdoors #shop 

Annnd then we dug into our yummy dessert! :)

smores in a dutch oven #shopbackyard s'more recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #shopfun times outside #shop

We had a great time! The kids are asking when we can do it again! ha! ;)

tent in the backyard #shop

These two LOVED the tent! I think they wanted to move in permanently! haha! ;)

Have you every camped in your backyard? Have you ever used a Dutch oven before?
Have you had a chance to enjoy the great outdoors lately? I’d love to hear! :)

Backyard S'more Recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #collectivebias #shop

Pin the image below for later! If you try this recipe out, I’d love to hear! :)

how to make backyard smores #shop #collectivebias

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.