Ginger Snap Crafts: Quick & Easy Cupcake Toppers {tutorial}

Quick & Easy Cupcake Toppers {tutorial}

A big thank you to We R Memory Keepers for provided some of the amazing products that I used in this post! :)

Good morning! I am so excited today to be helping Amber from Crazy Little Projects celebrate her 2nd blog birthday! Yay! Amber is one of my favorite bloggers. She is super sweet, shares amazing tutorials & I just love her blog! All week long Amber & over 20 other bloggers are sharing tons of fun birthday ideas & tutorials! Amber also has some pretty amazing giveaways every day this week. So make sure you pop in over to her blog each day this week to enter. Today she is giving away a $50 gift card to Groop Dealz & a $50 gift card to Erin Condren. Yay! :) You can enter by going {HERE}. For my birthday idea I decided to share these quick & easy cupcake toppers. So keep reading to see how I made them!

quick & easy cupcake toppers at GingerSnapCrafts.com

#paper #cupcaketoppers

For this project you will need:
rosettes die
cardstock (I used this paper pack.)
paper adhesive or glue stick
Evolution Die Cutting Tool or other die cutter
cookie sticks
hot glue & glue gun

#party supplies

I used my Evolution die cutter to cut out my rosettes. You can use any die cutter with these dies though. :) This die set comes with two different rosettes ~ a scalloped one & a straight edged one. I ended up using just the straight edged die for this project.

#evolution #lifestylecrafts #spon

Die cutting is super easy. First, you’ll put your dies on the cutting platform sharp side up.

#evolution #diecut

Then you’ll put your paper (pretty side down) on the top of your dies.

#imagenius #lifestylecrafts

Then you’ll put the cutting mat on top.

#diecut #party

Using the handle of your Evolution you’ll run your cutting platform through your die cutter.

#diecut #rossettes #lifestylecrafts

After you do that you will have two perfectly cut die cuts. It’s super simple to do. My kiddos love to help me with this part! ;)

#papercraft

To assemble one rosette you’ll need to have cut two identical pieces. The you’ll fold them like an accordion.

#party rosettes

Then you’ll glue them end to end to form one long piece of paper.

#diecut

You’ll glue the opposite ends together, & they you’ll be able to form a circle. It won’t want to stay like that though! haha! So that’s why it is held in place by a die so I could take a picture! ;)

#rosette #diecut #wermemorykeepers

This is where the hot glue gun will come in handy! ;) Using a circle & hot glue you can secure your rosette. I used 2 circles ~ one in the front & one in the back.

#diecut

Then I just hot glued some cookie sticks to my rosettes. I found these in the party section at Walmart. I trimmed the cookie sticks just a little, & then I put my cupcake toppers into the cupcakes! That’s it! So cute & easy! :)

cupcake toppers at GingerSnapCrafts.com

cupcakes birthdayquick & easy cupcake toppers at GingerSnapCrafts.com

To see how I made my cake stand click the picture below.

make your own cake stand with #DecoArt at GingerSnapCrafts.com #spon_thumb[3]

To see how I used this same rosette die to make party hats click the picture below.

car-party-hat-tutorial_thumb2

So head over to Crazy Little Projects to wish Amber Happy Blog Birthday. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for $50 gift card Groop Dealz & a $50 gift card to Erin Condren while you’re over there. :)

Bigbirthdaybashgraphic500

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.