Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Chicken Enchiladas {recipe}

Easy Chicken Enchiladas {recipe}

Hello! Yesterday was a busy day! I took dinner to a family that just had twins ~ a boy & a girl! So sweet! We also had the missionaries from our church over for dinner. I knew exactly what I wanted to make ~ chicken enchiladas! Buuuut I couldn’t find the recipe anywhere! I had it on a piece of paper with my cookbooks, & it was gone! Luckily I found it in an email I sent my mom 5 years ago! I knew there was a good reason that I never delete any emails! haha! ;) So today I am excited to be sharing one of our family’s favorite recipes ~ easy chicken enchiladas! Yum! (Annnd now I won’t have to worry about losing this recipe again ~ it will be right here on the blog! Yay!)

easy chicken enchiladas recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #recipe #enchiladas

chicken enchiladas recipe

Ingredients:
 
16 flour tortillas
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
3 tablespoons all- purpose flour
1 8-ounce carton sour cream
2 cups water
1 4-ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack/Colby cheese
2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded

toppings:

sliced pitted olives
chopped tomatoes
sliced green onions

#chicken #enchiladas
Directions: 

For sauce, cook onion and garlic in butter or margarine until the onion is tender. Stir flour into sour cream, add to onion mixture. Stir in water and chili peppers all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.

For filling, stir 1/2 cup of the sauce into cooked chicken.

Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat for 10-15 minutes in 350 oven or until they are soft. (You could also pop them in the microwave for a 30-45 seconds instead.) Put about 1/4 cup of filling in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. Top with remaining sauce.  

Bake covered, in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Sprinkle with olives, tomatoes and green onions. Then, enjoy!

You can get a printer friendly version of this recipe {HERE}.

easy chicken enchiladas recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #recipe #enchiladas
Don’t forget about the Silhouette Print & Cut promotion!
From now until March 31st you can get these deals
when you use the code GINGERSNAP at checkout! :)

Silhouette Print & Cut Promotion use code GINGERSNAP at SilhouetteAmerica.com #Silhouette #spon[5]

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.