Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Shamrock Block {tutorial}

Easy Shamrock Block {tutorial}

This post was first seen over on The Cards We Drew. Thank you to DecoArt for providing some of the supplies to make this St. Patrick’s Day craft. :)

Before I close up the blog for the weekend, I'd love to show you how I made this easy & quick shamrock block for St. Patrick's Day! It literally took me under 10 minutes to put it all together not counting waiting on the paint to dry! ha! So keep reading to see how easy it was to make. ;)

Easy Shamrock Block from GingerSnapCrafts.com #shamrock #stpatricksday
 

For this project you'll need a few supplies:
light green & dark green card stock
ribbon
wood block
foam brush
Elmer's spray adhesive
a Silhouette & shamrock image or a shamrock pattern to trace


First I painted my wood block & let it dry. My block measures a little bigger than 5 inches by 5 inches. While my paint was drying I cut out a shamrock & patterned background using my Silhouette. (You can find tons of my Silhouette projects here.) If you do not own a Silhouette you could easily find a shamrock image online, size it to fit your block & then trace & cut it out using the green card stock.

 
After my wood block was dry I used some Elmer's Spray Adhesive to attach my patterned background & shamrock to my block of wood. I LOVE this stuff! It works perfectly for projects like these.
 
 
Then I wrapped a green ribbon around my block of wood & tied it in a knot. I'm all done! Now wasn't that so easy? ;) Now I have a little something to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day with. :)
 

Do you decorate for St. Patrick’s Day? I’d love to hear.
You can find more St. Patrick’s Day projects {HERE}.
 
Easy Shamrock Block from GingerSnapCrafts.com #shamrock #stpatricksday

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.