Ginger Snap Crafts: Triple Dark Chocolate Brownies from Love to be in the Kitchen {contributor}

Triple Dark Chocolate Brownies from Love to be in the Kitchen {contributor}

Hi everyone! I'm Becky and I blog at Love to be in the Kitchen where I share quick, easy and fun recipes. I am so excited to guest post today on Ginger's blog. I've been a fan of Ginger Snap Crafts for a long time and just love all the great posts she shares. So who is excited for Valentine's Day? Can you believe it will be here in less than a month? If you ask me nothing is more romantic than dark chocolate so today I am sharing with you a recipe I created that will make anyone you share this with love you even more! Triple Dark Chocolate Brownies. Pure bliss.

Triple Dark Chocolate Frosted Brownies from LovetobeintheKitchen.com #recipe #valentinesday #brownies

I've had a lot of brownies in my life and I am not kidding when I say these are definitely one of the best I have ever had! Fudgy, chewy and so chocolately with bites of chocolate chips in the brownies and a creamy, dreamy chocolate frosting. Another great thing about them is they are SO easy to make! The brownies are a one bowl recipe and the frosting comes together so quickly. You'll be enjoying this amazing dessert in no time! So you may be wondering what makes these brownies triple dark chocolate. There are three elements of dark chocolate in these brownies, the brownies base has Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder, then dark chocolate chips are added to the batter. Then they are topped with a thin layer of dark chocolate frosting. We like our frosting thin but if you like a lot then just double it.

And just a note, if you don't like dark chocolate you can easily substitute the dark chocolate cocoa powder for regular and the chocolate chips for semi-sweet or even milk chocolate.

I created this recipe for my husband. He loves dark chocolate just as much as I do. The other day he called me early in the morning on a snowy day to let me know he had been in an accident on the freeway. Another car slid on the icy road and hit into his car causing both of their cars to spin around. So scary! I am so very grateful that no one was hurt and that my husband was perfectly fine after the accident. It could have been much worse! Despite the fact that our car is wrecked, all is well because being alive and uninjured is all that matters.

Triple-Dark-Chocolate-Frosted-Brownies-31-1024x704

So to show him some love for his "dark" day I pulled out my Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa and Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips (good stuff!) and started brainstorming a recipe idea. I decided to make these brownies with heart sprinkles to show him a little extra love.

Triple-Dark-Chocolate-Frosted-Brownies-1-1024x512

I love how quickly these brownies come together. You just add butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted and smooth. Then you add vanilla, eggs, flour and dark chocolate chips. So easy! Next you spread it in an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.

Triple-Dark-Chocolate-Frosted-Brownies-2-1024x512

Once baked and cooled, top it with the dark chocolate frosting. Oh yeah baby! It's SO good!

Triple-Dark-Chocolate-Frosted-Brownies-81-1024x746

Sprinkle on a little sprinkle love and you have just created one of the best desserts ever!

When my husband came home from work that day I had a brownie on a cute plate with a note saying, "Sorry you had a DARK day." He loved it! I know you will too.

Triple Dark Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:

10 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, cold
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup dark chocolate chips (or ¾ cup chocolate chunks)

Dark Chocolate Frosting:

3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 -2 tablespoons milk or cream

Directions: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Lightly grease with cooking spray and set aside. Cut butter into chunks. Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for one minute then stir. Microwave 30 more seconds and stir. If butter is not melted all the way and the mixture isn't smooth, microwave for 30 more seconds or until smooth and stir. Set the mixture aside until it cools slightly. Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the eggs one at a time stirring vigorously after each addition. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, fold in the flour just until incorporated and no streaks remain. Before adding in the chocolate chips make sure batter is cool. (Cool enough that it won't melt the chocolate chips.) Then gently fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until just set. Let cool slightly then refrigerate until cool to the touch.

To prepare the chocolate frosting, using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, mix together the butter, cocoa and salt until smooth. Then add in the powdered sugar and beat on low. Add in the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add more milk ½ tablespoon at a time if needed for desired consistency. Mix for 1-2 minutes longer, until smooth and fluffy. Remove brownies from the fridge and evenly spread the frosting on top. Add sprinkles if desired and cut brownies into small squares.

*Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Triple-Dark-Chocolate-Frosted-Brownies-101-1024x768

Thank you so much, Ginger, for having me today!
I hope you will all stop by Love to be in the Kitchen to say "Hi."
I'll be sharing more creative Valentine's recipes soon that you won't want to miss.
You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest.

Becky, those look amazing!
Make sure you stop by Becky’s blog for more yummy recipes. :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Love to Be in the Kitchen.