Ginger Snap Crafts: Make Your Own Cake Stand {tutorial}

Make Your Own Cake Stand {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by DecoArt.

Hello! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. We are slowly getting back to a normal schedule after Christmas break & then last week’s many, many snow days! ;) Today I am excited to show you how to make your own cake stand with a little help from DecoArt. This was such an easy & inexpensive project to make, & I think it turned out so pretty! Yay! So keep reading to see how I did it.

make your own cake stand with #DecoArt at GingerSnapCrafts.com #spon

#DIY #cakestand #decoart #spon

Supplies:
round wood platter (You can find these at any craft store.)
wooden furniture foot (I found this one at Lowes on clearance.)
Americana Gloss Enamel paint in white
foam brushes
wood glue
some heavy books (You’ll see why in a minute!)

diy cake platter tutorial #decoart #spon

I love the Americana Gloss Enamel paint. It can be used on so many surfaces like glass, wood, paper machĂ©, plaster, resin, ceramics, and many other craft surfaces. If you use it on glass or ceramics it can be baked at 325°F for 30 minutes for a dishwasher-safe finish. So awesome! ;) Since I used it on wood I didn’t do that, obviously! ;) This paint has a nice glossy sheen to it. I just love the look it gave the wood after I painted it.

#painting #tutorial #spon

It just took 2 coats of paint to get a nice even coverage. Then I let everything dry really well over night. Then I grabbed some wood glue. :)

#decoart #diy

I put some wood glue on the bottom piece. (I put a little too much on! ha!)

#diy #decoart #tutorial #spon

Then I put the wooden plate on top along with 2 super heavy books to hold it all in place. I had a little oozing from my abundance of wood glue. ha! ;) So if you do, too. Just wipe off the excess with some baby wipes. They work perfect for that!

#tutorial #diy #spon

Then let it dry really well. :) Now it’s ready to use. The Americana Gloss Enamel paints are NOT food safe, so you don’t want to place food directly on top of the paint. I used a plastic cake board & a pretty doily to sit my cupcakes on. Isn’t it so pretty? I kind of love it. :)

#cupcake #cakestand #diy #spon #diy #cakestand #party #sponmake your own cake stand with #DecoArt at GingerSnapCrafts.com #spon

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

I am a DecoArt Core Blogger. I was compensated & received product for this post. All opinions are my own.

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.